I read a lot of dating articles, and these are the 8 worst dating tips I have ever heard.
I spend a great deal of time reading dating advice articles and information. I like to remain current on what other dating experts are offering people beause it allows me to stay critical about the advice I offer my readers. So far, the women I have worked with have confirmed for me that the advice I offer is both helpful and needed.
That being said, I was recently shocked by an article I read on a website claiming to offer dating advice. Within this article were the eight worst dating tips I have ever heard. I want to share these with you, so you know to run if anyone ever tries to offer you this or similar advice. Anyone who would offer you this advice is not looking out for your best interest.
1. Always make the man pay. If he is not interested enough to take you to an expensive restaurant, pay for dinner, drinks, and a cab to get you home, then he is not worth it. Unless you are literally a gold-digger, this is not good advice because it will make you sound like a gold-digger. Although it is great for you when a guy pays for dinner, it is hardly required. Likewise, making him take you to an expensive restaurant and pay for a cab to take you home so you can drink is arrogant to say the least.
2. If he doesn't bring you flowers, dump him. Dumping him on the first date because he does not show up with flowers is obnoxious. Additionally, you may be dumping the greatest man you will have ever met. However, I have to say, if that is the reason you dump him, he is better off without you in his life.
3. Always keep a guy waiting and never turn up early. This is just plain rude. If you make plans to meet at 7pm, you should be there by 7pm. If you showed up for a date on time and a guy showed up late acting like it was no big deal, you would be pissed.
4. Never be available when he wants you to be. Never be at the end of a phone when he calls and always let him leave a message or two first before replying. This is playing hard to get. Playing hard to get is a sure fire way to miss out on a lot of great guys. Self-respecting guys will not put up with women who behave this way. It is immature and rude.
5. If he is available Tuesday, you are available Thursday. This dating tip is just more game playing. Don't do it. It demonstrates a complete lack of respect. You don't want to be jerked around, so don't do it to the guys who ask you out.
More Juicy YourTango Content:
- Introverted? You Can Still Be A Great Date!
- 8 Great Dating Tips For Recently Divorced Women
- Have Dating Questions? YourTango Has Answers!