I talk to women all the time who are, well, sick and tired of being sick and tired of how their life is going. They are unhappy, unfulfilled, and just don’t see how life can change. Some of the reasons?
- They feel stuck behind the labels they’ve assigned to themselves. Mom. Wife. Sister. Grandmother.
- They are numbing themselves with food or alcohol or shopping.
- They tell me that they are simply existing. Going from one day to the next without any sense of purpose or excitement for life.
- They tell me that if their husband would just be more romantic, then they’d be in the mood for sex more often.
- They believe that they can be happy if their mom would stop nagging them.
- They tell me that they don’t know what they want. Or that they are afraid to ask themselves, because they are afraid of the answers.
- They tell me that they feel ashamed that they’ve “let themselves go”. Or that they don’t deserve to spend money on themselves. They tell me they feel frumpy and lost.
I’m also going to tell you some real truth, so listen up: It is never too late. You are never too old. You are never too far gone.
You can make the choice to change your life, your world, your attitude. I won’t promise you that it will be easy. I won’t promise that it will be comfortable, but I can promise you that it is possible.
It doesn’t happen overnight. It happens in baby steps. But it starts with making the decision that you are ready for things to be different.
The only person that you can change is you.
So, if you’re waiting for others to change so that you can be happy, you are going to be waiting a hell of a long time.
I understand it can feel impossible to get started. This, my dear, is why you reach out to others for help.
I have faith that you can change and that you can be in love with your life.