It's time for you to take control of your love life.
Why not have it with a younger man? Men have been doing this for centuries, having sex with women many years younger then them. The best part about being a "cougar" is that you can have that hot guy you wanted in your twenties but would have been labeled as a slut at the time. Now, you no longer care about being a good girl you can now be the naughty girl and fulfill those sexual desires that you kept dormant thought out your marriage.
However there are rules to playing this game. I hate to call it a game or even talk about rules, but as an experienced women myself, relationship coach and clinical sexologist, I will honestly say it does exist!
Dating younger men in their 20s and early 30s is different then a man in their 40s and up. Men that are younger have a different way of looking at the world and being a cougar their idea of dating is going to be different than your idea. It is you who sets the rules and takes charge, not expecting from the young man what he is not capable of. Dating After Divorce: How Soon Is Too Soon?
1. Young men have come up with the term "friends with benefits" and this term needs to be squashed right away.You are a cougar so your term is "lover." The difference is that you don't want a friend, you want a lover, a man that is respectful of you and understands that having sex is not just physical but emotional. The emotional sex though is only during the act, no strings attached and not a friend. They can't call you on the phone and say "hey dude let's go out for a drink." You are a woman and expect or teach the young man to respect you as one. If he can't afford to take you out for a drink then, he can at least bring over a nice bottle of wine.
2. Do not get attached or make more out of the encounter than it is. This is about sexual satisfaction, gratification and fun. This is not a long term relationship or a man that you can cry on his shoulder. This is hot passionate sex, you have passion at your age and his vigor and willingness to be open to you is on the same level. I don't want to say "boy toy" but if that helps keep things in perspective, no one gets hurt and you both just have fun!
More divorce advice from YourTango:
- Is Divorce Becoming a Luxury?
- 10 Surprising Reasons Women Turn To Divorce
- 5 Ways To Feel Dateable After Divorce