Four tips to avoid infidelity in your relationship.
There's nothing more effective at keeping a man from cheating than a good relationship. The simple element of guilt if he so much as contemplates infidelity is more powerful than the fear of a breakup, ostracism by friends and family or contracting an incurable disease.
Still, there is no surefire way to keep him from ever having a moment of weakness or a severe case of dumbass syndrome. So, let's begin by looking at the reasons men cheat and then try to find some possible solutions.
- The main reason why men cheat is that they have psychologically checked out of the relationship, or at least the sexual aspect of it. They may have lost interest altogether, or simply become bored with the repetitive "Groundhog Day" sex. It's his fault as much as yours that the thrill has diminished, the variety is non-existent and things have fallen into a rut. He's bored and his libido demands more.
- Another cause is opportunity. It may be a co-worker, an old classmate who found him on Facebook or a chance meeting with a stranger at happy hour with the guys. The thrill of something new makes him feel like a desirable man again. Maybe he gets lost in the moment and goes along with it "once, for old time's sake." Perhaps a few cocktails have tied and gagged his moral compass, so he screws up.
- Men may also cheat when they find themselves suffering from emotional chaos, perhaps brought on by a bitter argument with a girlfriend. Men often deal with turmoil through destructive means like drinking, drugs, violent behavior and forbidden sex. They will resort to anything to make the pain go away, and sex does a pretty good job of that.
The key to keeping your man from cheating lies in preempting these conditions and situations.
1. Keep things interesting. If you are feeling a little bored with your sexual routine (even if you blame him), then he is most likely bored as well. Change things up. Be the one to initiate sex more often, and then take charge of the performance. There are many things you can do, short of bringing in a second woman, that will blow his mind. Try some of the things he used to love when you were first dating. Keep reading ...
More infidelity advice from YourTango:
- Experts Agree: Cheating Is Not About Sex [VIDEO]
- 3 Mistakes Women ALWAYS Make When They Suspect Their Man's Cheating
- How Popular Is Cheating? [VIDEO]