Weigh the pros and cons before you decide.
You break up with your man and think to yourself, 'Now what?' Do you have to get over him before you start dating again, or should you find a new man as quickly as possible?
Some women find that dating again helps them forget the bad experience they just left behind. But, is this really a smart strategy to get over a breakup? Let's look at the pros and cons of starting to date immediately.
The pros of dating someone new right away:
1. It keeps you distracted. Anything that keeps you from thinking about your ex can be a good thing. Dating again is certainly one way to do just that.
2. Dating can be fun and exciting. Mingling, flirting and meeting new men can be very good for your ego. Getting attention just feels good and offers the opportunity to refresh your flirting skills. Also, meeting new people expands your world and enriches your life.
The cons of dating someone new right away:
1. You won't learn from your mistakes. If you rush into a new relationship without reflecting on what happened in your previous one, you risk repeating the same mistakes. To learn from your situation, think about what worked and what didn't so you can move forward in a healthier way. A lot of my clients attract men with similar flaws over and over again as a result of not working through past issues before moving onto someone new.
2. You could rush into the wrong relationship. If you are hurting and needy, it'd not the best emotional state to attract a healthy relationship. Your state-of-mind could put a lot of pressure on a budding romance and end up turning off a new guy. Or you might not use the best judgment when making choices because you are in emotional pain. Thinking things through first offers you the best foundation to find lasting love. Keep reading...
For a limited time only, receive our free eBook, Break Up With Your Ex (a $5 value), yours free when you sign up for YourTango's free, daily newsletter.
More breakup advice from YourTango:
- Relationship In Limbo? Use The Breakup Formula [VIDEO]
- 5 Breakup Myths That Are Total BS
- 10 Secrets Guaranteed To Help You Move The H*ll On From Your Ex