Looking for a husband? Review our checklist to see what traits make a man husband material.
Are you a single woman in the market for a husband? This week YourTango has been featuring posts based on their survey about what makes a man husband material. Everyone defines what it takes for a man to be husband material differently, although there are some basic similarities for sure.
If you are dating to find your romantic partner, then it would probably be helpful to know how to tell if the men you meet measure up. Whether you have found a great guy but haven't married yet or are still looking for Mr. Right, The Husband Material Checklist is a must have for the single gal. I pulled the list together from the other YourTango experts and added a couple of my own from my dating journey to find my husband.
Even though the list is fairly comprehensive, here's what you won't find: any external traits such as height, weight, body type, hair or eye color, fitness level, similar interests, job, level of success, salary, type of car, fashion sense or even religion.
I know some of these characteristics may factor into how attracted you feel to a guy. But overall, they did not make the husband material checklist for a good reason: They are not strong indicators for a long-lasting, healthy, loving relationship with the right man. This is particularly true based on the survey results, but I also know this as a dating coach for women with 11 years of experience.
Read over this 20-point checklist to see what qualities are important to you in a man. Then decide for yourself what matters most to know if your man is husband material and create your own checklist.
1. He's grounded. While you may prefer the excitement of a bad boy, it can also be nerve-racking. A man who is practical and grounded makes a better and more pleasant long-term partner.
2. He's reliable. When you trust a man to make a plan and follow through, you know you can count on him as a stable partner. Reliability can never be overrated. Keep reading ...
More dating advice from YourTango:
- 30 Bad Relationship Habits You *Desperately* Need To Lose By Age 30
- 7 Signs He Wants To Kiss You Right. This. Second.
- Ladies, You Need To Watch Out For These Online Dating Red Flags