I got an email from a colleague about a friend who wanted to enter the dating world after her recent divorce. She wanted to know the best places she could meet single men. I told her that it's not a one-size-fits-all formula. Much of it depends on the individual.
1. Your personality. Are you an extrovert, comfortable in large groups? Do you meet people easily? Or are you shy and reserved? Do you feel more comfortable in smaller groups? If it's the latter, online dating may be your best bet.
2. Your energy level. Are you an energetic person who is always on the go? Or are you someone who needs downtime especially after a day's work?
3. The time of year. Where you meet a potential love interest depends on the time of year. The best time for online dating is January and Febraury. During spring, summer and early fall biking and hiking groups are popular ways to meet singles.
4. Your work situation. I take into account my clients' work life when creating their dating plan. Are you with people all day in a very busy, hectic environment (think sales manager of a retail store) or are you working all day by yourself on a computer as a software developer?
5. Your interests. Of course you want to meet people who share your interests. It may not be a deal breaker if your partner doesn't like bird-watching, however, it would be an added bonus if you do share this interest with your special person.
What do you take into account when you are deciding where to go to meet singles? What has worked best for you? Sound off in the comments!
More dating advice from YourTango:
- What Is Mobile Dating? Should I Try It?
- 30 Dating Habits You Need To Lose By Age 30 (Part 1)
- 7 Signs He Wants To Kiss You Right. This. Second.