When the romance is over but platonic caring and concern for each others happiness and well being are still very strong, collaborative divorce coaching can help reduce conflict and encourage you to manage emotional reactions that interfere with good decisions, the ones that will enhance the well being of your family, especially where kids are involved.
Collaborative divorce coaching is based on the key assumption that there is no such thing as a broken family. There are only families in transition – of all shapes, ages, colors and sizes – that are challenged to adapt to new life circumstance and changed emotions.
At Marrriage Couples Relationship Counseling and Live Coaching, our short-term collaborative divorce coaching:
- Identifies, clarifies and prioritizes the concerns of every family member
- Facilitates meaningful communication during negotiations over property, spousal support, child support and the children’s long-term educational needs.
- Helps establish of a good parenting plan solidly grounded in the physical, emotional and educational needs of the children.
- Orients and educates attorneys regarding the emotional needs of every family members.
- Helps separating spouses make the painful transition to single parent lifestyes.
Remember the scene from Kramer versus Kramer when Kramer puts his young son to bed after the boy refuses to eat his supper and jumps to the refrigerator for ice cream? Kramer checks in with his son about 10 minutes later and the boy, sleepy eyed, asks his dad, "Why did mommy leave?"
Kramer answers, " Well sweetheart, sometimes mommys and daddys have strong disagrreements and decide it's better not to live together. But the one thing mommy and daddy will always agree on is how much we love you."
When we meet with couples the first time, we take a full 2 hoursto learn deeper insights that will make collaborative divorce counseling work quickly and effectively.
Andre Moore, M.A., Director of Marriage Couples Counseling and Life Coaching in New York City http://www.marriage-couples-counseling-new-york.com/