You have probably been watching Lorelai and Rory nonstop on Netflix, and imagining what they would be up to now if the Gilmore Girls was still in production. Luckily you don't have to wonder anymore! Netflix just closed a deal with Warner Bros., which means there's going to be a series revival on the streaming site. Don't worry, the Gilmore Girls revival on Netflix will have show creator Amy Sherman-Palladino back to right all the wrongs made in the final Amy-less seventh season.
Reportedly the main cast is also on board including Alexis Bledel, Scott Patterson, Kelly Bishop, and Lauren Graham. So after getting our long wish of more episodes, what exactly will we see? We don't have any concrete answers for you about the Gilmore Girls revival, but here are 15 things we think all fans would appreciate seeing in its return!
1. A proper goodbye to Richard Gilmore. Yes, sadly Edward Herrmann died so the show definitely won't feel exactly the same. But since it's coming back it's only right to send him off and remember him.
2. A Luke & Lorleai wedding. Because we watched for seven seasons and still didn't get it! Hopefully, the perfect couple will still be together and planning their nuptials. If we don't get see a wedding, hopefully they're at least happily married.
3. Rory running into at least one of her ex-boyfriends. Maybe she has totally moved on from all three of them. But it would still be interesting to see her interact with one of them to see if she she still has feeling for any of them.
4. Catching up with Paris and see what she's doing. Paris might be married, but we have no doubt that she is running the country by now. Her strong will and dedication should bring this character to an interesting place. Hopefully she is still in contact with Rory!
5. Kirk finally getting a steady job. It's funny to see Kirk jump from job to job in all of the past episodes. But would he be settled down by now with his girlfriend? Hopefully we get to find out!
6. Emily finding her independence. The grandmother is now alone after being widowed by her husband. While we know she adored Richard, we also know that she felt always felt overshadowed by him. What will she be doing with her newfound independence?
7. Sookie and Michel bickering like the good ol' days. We know you became a huge movie and TV star, Melissa McCarthy. But you can't forget your roots! Please come back to Jackson and Michel to complete our lives.
8. More awesome movie and TV references. The show was loaded with them — from current to classic. What will Lorelei and Rory's take be on more current movies and shows?
9. Another performance from Miss Patty. We didn't get many of them back in the day, but when we did it was special. Hopefully Miss Patty is still teaching and telling her crazy stories from her days in the biz.
10. More town meetings. How else will we catch up with what's been happening in Stars Hollow? Have there been anymore new stop lights? Is there a new town troubadour? We need to know!
11. Luke and Jess reunited. Even if Jess doesn't date Rory again, we need to know that these two are still in contact. They helped each other grow so much, and it would be touching to see where their relationship is now.
12. Seeing Rory work as a journalist. We spent so many years watching Rory work toward this one goal so it's only fair we get to see where she ended up. Is she working at a newspaper now? Or has she jumped to Buzzfeed? Is she traveling the world like she hoped?
13. A cameo from the Gilmore Guys. In case you're unfamiliar, the Gilmore Guys are two guys who host a podcast about the show. One has seen all the episodes except for season seven, and the other is watching it for the first time. They gained so much popularity that stars Liza Weil, Scott Patterson, Sean Gunn and more have been interviewed on the show. Below is them reading a scene they wrote for character Marty with actor Wayne Wilcox!
14. The last four words Amy Sherman-Palladino intended to write. Every Gilmore Girls fan knows that Amy knew what she wanted the last words to be, but she never got to write them since she wasn't around for season seven. Now is her chance and we can finally find out what they are!
15. Lane still playing music. Many people were upset with the ending Lane got because she had to put her music dreams aside to raise twins. It'd be great to see that Lane didn't have to ditch her dreams after all!