Because there are no awkward silences when you're alone!
You don't have to be single to want some alone time. Although seeing a movie, going to a concert, and eating out are typical date ideas, doing these things solo can be quite liberating. While it may seem scary or maybe a little strange at first, it's time spent alone where you can really discover yourself. With these 10 activities, we give you total permission to ride solo.
1. Head to Happy Hour. Sure, going to a bar alone can be intimating, but it's actually one of the easiest ways to make friends! Even if you're not socializing at the bar, alone time with a Mai Tai can give you some well-deserved R&R.
2. Attend a wedding. It can be just as fun heading to a wedding solo as it is with a date. In fact, you'll have the opportunity to meet loads of people and a maybe even hit it off with someone on the dance floor.
3. Rock out at a concert. While it seems like the perfect group activity, heading to a concert alone can be rather liberating. It allows you to really take in your surroundings and lose yourself in the music.
4. Make it a DIY weekend. Flex your girl power and tackle that DIY you've been putting off. Whether it's hanging your art or painting your room, nothing beats the satisfaction of knowing you truly did it yourself.
5. Take a cafe break. Chill out with a coffee or glass of wine for a relaxing evening at your favorite restaurant or café. It allows you the chance to get your mind off of things and immerse yourself in a good book.
6. Explore local spots. Go on an adventure! Spend an afternoon exploring your own neighborhood alone. It's a great way to discover things you may have missed along the way.
7. Globe-trot. Every girl should travel alone at least once. Even if it's just a short weekend trip, exploring a new city without boundaries can teach you a lot about yourself and others, too.
8. Try a class. Finally try that hobby you've been taking about. No need to wait for a buddy, sign up and start learning.
9. Watch a movie. While it's a common date night idea, heading to the movies solo has its perks. Not only can you see the flick you want, but you can focus on the plot without distraction. Did we mention you don't have to split the popcorn?
10. Sweat it out at a gym class. Trying a new type of exercise can be intimidating. Instead of having a friend come with, try it alone! You'll be free of any distractions and you may meet a new friend or two.
This article was originally published at PopSugar. Reprinted with permission from the author.