Sexting or swapping suggestive photos with your significant other can be fun, sexy and naughty. But is it safe?
Well, in today's digital day and age, that's highly debatable. Sensitive information is always at risk since we're all plugged in and constantly tap, tap, tapping away at our mobile devices and handhelds, and anything can be leaked or hacked into at any time and for a variety of nefarious purposes.
But when you are a celeb, personal and private info, details, photos and texts are at a premium, given the high value our culture places on its celebs. Said texts can become tabloid fodder or worse -- evidence!! -- especially if they are exchanged with someone who is not the person you are committed to or loved up with.
We've rounded up eight instances of celeb sexting fails, where intimate photos or messages wound up in the wrong hands and went public, causing embarassment, victimization or relationships woes, like breakups.
1. His wife Kim Kardashian was catapulted to fame thanks to her sex tape with Ray J, but Kanye West was no angel. The rapper took pics of his junk and sent them to several (!!!) ladies, who in turn offered them to the media. He even referenced the 'scandal' in his song "Runaway," spitting a rhyme about sending pictures of his d--k.
2. Scarlett Johansson's nude photos leaked back in 2011. They were meant for her hubby at the time, actor Ryan Reynolds, but they became public fodder when her email was hacked. "I don't want to be a victim and say, 'Oh, well' and just hide my head in shame," the pouty-lipped actress said. "Somebody stole something from me. It's sick." Hey, at least she didn't deny it ...
4. Voluptuous singer Christina Aguilera fell victim to nude photos leaking online in 2010. She was wearing pasties and flimsy, chainmail-like attire. Her excuse was creative -- her stylist's email was hacked. Since the photos appeared to be taken in a closet, maybe it wasn't a PR spin.
5. David Boreanaz of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Bones fame had an affair with Tiger Woods' mistress Rachel Uchitel in 2010. Still with us? Their inane texts, which consisted of romantic, knee-weakening lines like "I can't wait to f--k you," delivered via BBM, were leaked and he came clean to wife Jaime Bergman, a Playboy model who was pregnant at the time. We couldn't have written more dramatic fiction. Miraculously, Boreanaz and Bergman are still together and she legally took his last name in 2013. And we fondly recall the days of BBM aka Blackberry Messenger.
6. Desperate housewife Eva Longoria -- back when she was Eva Longoria Parker -- allegedly found hundreds of texts from a teammate's wife on the phone of her husband, NBA baller Tony Parker. They swiftly split and she became Eva Longoria again. She revealed that Parker had likely cheated on her earlier in the marriage. We're baffled -- who cheats on E. Longoria?