Rapper Iggy Azalea dropped her debut The New Classic this spring and all of a sudden, she's got the No.1 song on the Billboard Top 200 with "Fancy."
The statuesque Aussie blonde, who will turn 24 on June 7, came out of nowhere and now we cannot get enough of her addictively catchy jam or "Problem," the Ariana Grande song on which she featured and is sitting at No. 2 on the charts. Iggy's literally a one-two punch.
Not only is she occupying some serious release estate in the pop music landscape, her video for "Fancy" spoofs Clueless and casts her in the role of Cher, designer threads and all, proving that Iggy has a sense of humor to go along with all that beauty and talent.
You've probably got questions and we've got answers about this stunner who is tickling our "Fancy."
1. Her real name is Amethyst Amelia Kelly. So, yeah, her name is as pretty as she is.
2. She scored her No. 1 on the Billboard Top 200 chart with her first single "Fancy," and she also occupies the No. 2 slot with her Ariana Grande feature on "Problem." The last artist to fill the top two chart slots with their first entries? Oh, just The Beatles. #GoodCompany.
3. She is also a model, signed to Wilhelmina Models. She uses that statuesque figure to her advantage.
4. She has modeled for Levi's and House of Holland. Yes, it's good to be Iggy. She also has a tattoo of Venus from the famous 'Birth of Venus' painting.
5. She dated rapper A$AP Rocky in 2011 and she Kiss of Death'ed the relationship by getting the name of his Live. Love. A$AP mixtape tattooed in her fingers. The "A$AP" part was eventually covered. She now dates L.A. Laker Nick Young. #Ballin'. For his part, A$AP moved on with another model -- Chanel Iman.
6. She has been rapping since the age of 14 and once formed a TLC-like group with two other locals. The girl group didn't last because Iggy took it way seriously and the other two didn't. She has been toiling in the scene since 2011, releasing the Ignorant Art mixtape before slowly steamrolling her way through the mainstream.
7. She was discovered by rapper T.I. and is part of his Hustle Gang.
8. She came to the U.S. on holiday in 2006 and decided to stay, claiming she loved hip-hop so much that she wanted to live in the genre's country of origin. She also once lived in a house made of mud bricks, which was built by her dad, in Oz.
9. Her stage name is like the porn name combo -- the name of her dog (Iggy) and the street she grew up on (Azalea), where her family still resides!