Tori Spelling has been having a rough couple of months. Her husband Dean McDermott, the father of her four kids, admitted to cheating, the ensuing drama of which is playing out on her new True Tori TV show.
Many of her fans feel for Tori, since she and McDermott came off as so in love and they are facing the toughest trial of their marriage. She has also been accused of faking the scandal for ratings, since the woman who had the alleged affair with McDermott has gone MIA in the wake of the reveal, which usually isn't the case. Having an affair with a celeb often leads to instant stardom for a previously unknown.
Spelling, who turns 41 on May 16, is a trooper and she will survive this scandal, manufactured or not! To celebrate her big day, we've rounded up a some random and rare facts you may not know about the actress and reality diva.
1. She auditioned for Beverly Hill, 90210 as Tori Mitchell, to avoid accusations of nepotism, since her dad was uber-producer Aaron Spelling. She also tried out to play Kelly Taylor but ended up in the role of virginal Donna Martin. We have to mention that while we applaud her valiant effort to avoid detection when auditioning, she is the spitting image of her late dad.
2. Spelling played Screech's girlfriend on Saved by the Bell. Her name was Violet Anne Bickerstaff.
3. She appeared in first husband Charlie Shanian's play Maybe Baby, It's You, which was staged in Los Angeles.
4. She starred in the film The House of Yes with indie queen Parker Posey and Freddie Prinze, Jr.
5. You think her relationship with Dean McDermott is rife with drama? She dated Nick Savalas, son of Telly, aka Kojak, in the 1990s, at the height of her fame. Spelling revealed that he was awful to her, saying, "He was never physically abusive, but he was verbally abusive, telling me 10 times a day how ugly I was." Yikes. Tori is hardly ugly! Not. Even. Close.
6. The aforementioned Shanian spoke out after their divorce, saying that her mother Candy acted like she could never pronounce his name right. Hello, monster-in-law! Shanian revealed that Tori and Candy were at odds before their marriage. He also said that Candy and Aaron told him that Tori was a horrible daughter.
7. Besides Beverly Hills, she has appeared on many of her dad's shows, like T.J. Hooker, The Love Boat and Fantasy Island.