Welcome to 30 Days Of Love, our one-month initiative to bring you closer to the love you deserve just in time for Valentine's Day. Today, we're shining the spotlight on nourishment — and its role in a fulfilling relationship.
Love is often a bittersweet thing ... but these treats for two are anything but bitter! We've rounded up the best from bloggers, cookbook writers and chefs to present their holiday-themed cupcakes, cookies, candies, pastries or fruity sweets. You can click through each page to drool over each mouth-watering recipe. Or, if you're really hungry, click through to the direct page to find the dessert you find most irresistible (but trust us, they are all worth a second bite). Don't forget to pin your favorites on Pinterest or through our board where you can find even more sexy recipes!
1. Red Velvet Nutella Cinnamon Roll Hearts (below)
2. Valentine's Lovebirds
3. Valentine's Day Heart Healthy Dessert
4. Words With Cookies
5. Strawberry Pecan Fudge
6. Raspberry Rockets
7. Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
8. Valentine's Day Pita Crunch
9. Valentine's Day Gum Drops
10. Red Velvet Cheesecake Ice Cream
11. Chocolate Heart Peanut Butter Cookies
12. Valentine's Day Strawberries & Cool Whip
13. Heart-Shaped Macaroons
14. Valentine's Day Toffee Chocolate Chip Cheeseball
15. Bubblegum Sugar Cookies
16. Cherry Cordial Cupcakes
17. Strawberry Pots de Crème
18. Red Velvet Twinkies
19. Flourless Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
20. Black Forest Cupcakes
21. Grilled Chocolate Raspberry Yummy Quesadillas
22. Strawberries With Vanilla-Scented Cream
23. Faux Chocolate Orange Pots de Crème
24. Mini Heart-Shaped Tres Leche Cakes
25. White Chocolate Lemon Heart Cake Balls
26. Chocolate Strawberry Cupcakes
27. Valentine's Day Chocolate Bark
28. Blueberry Hand Pies
29. Chewy Brownie And White Chocolate Strawberry Mini Trifles
30. Red Velvet Brownies With Cream Cheese Filling
Red Velvet Nutella Cinnamon Roll Hearts
By Yammie of Yammie's Noshery
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp. (2 packets) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 bottles red gel food coloring
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) melted butter (but not too hot)
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup Nutella or other chocolate hazelnut spread
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1/2 cup softened butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
1. Mix together the sugar, yeast, water, food coloring, butter, and oil. Let sit for about five minutes.
2. Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Add about 1/2 cup of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients at a time, mixing well after each addition. Knead for about 10 minutes with dough hook on mixer or by hand.
3. Put dough in a greased bowl and cover in a warm place for about 30 minutes or until doubled in volume.
4. Preheat oven to 375ºF. Roll the dough into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface. It should be about 1 foot by 1 1/2 feet or so (don't worry about being exact). Spread on the Nutella (if it's not soft enough, you can warm some up in the microwave a little to make it easier).
5. Slice the dough into strips (maybe about 1 inch wide or so). Roll the edges of each strip towards each other and then pinch the bottom to make into a heart shape.
6. Place the spirals on a well greased baking sheet. Allow to rise at least five more minutes. Bake at 375ºF for about 9-11 minutes. Frost with cream cheese frosting.
7. For cream cheese frosting, beat together the cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Add the powdered sugar a little bit at a time and beat until smooth. Spread over cinnamon rolls. Drizzle with more Nutella if desired.
More juicy content from YourTango: