Adios, Charlie ... hello, Jamie.
In case you've been under a rock, Charlie Hunnam has pulled out of the Fifty Shades Of Grey movie. Apparently, he just wasn't ready for the level of fame and attention that the biggest role of the most highly anticipated movie of 2014 could bring.
Well, the mourning period has ended for Hunnam and now the studios are on to finding the next Christian Grey. One of the main contenders for the role is the Irish actor Jamie Dornan, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Not too much is out there about this 31-year-old actor, but we managed to find a few interesting tidbits.
1. He dated Keira Knightley. Back during her early Pirates Of The Carribean days (circa 2003), the two met on a photo shoot and dated until 2005. But apparently they ended on very friendly terms. They released a joint statement saying, we "remain completely committed to each other as friends and will continue to see each other in this capacity."
2. He's Irish. Well, here's hoping he has some luck on his side for nabbing this part. Dornan was born in Holywood, County Down, Northern Ireland to his doctor father and mother (who died when he was a teen).
2. His best known roles so far was as Sheriff Graham/The Huntsman on Once Upon A Time. And (spoiler!) he got killed off halfway before the first season ended, unfortunately. His other biggest American role? Playing the dude Kirsten Dunst has an affair with in Marie Antoinette. That was actually his film debut.
3. He used to be a great rugby player. He even considered going pro for a bit after playing as a student at Methodist College in Belfast. He was a winger for the Belfast Harlequins and dropped out of the University of Teesside to play more. But eventually he found his way to acting and modeling.
4. He was dubbed the "male Kate Moss" as a model. Like most talented people, he started his career as a model for Calvin Klein. He went on to work for the top labels like Dior and Armani and work with major players such as Moss and Gisele Bundchen.
5. He's also a singer. And he even had a band! When he was at Methodist College he started the folk group Sons Of Jim. They even went on tour with KT Tunstall.
6. He's been linked to some famous ladies. Not unlike Christian himself, he loves beautiful women. In addition to Keira, he's also rumoured to have dated Sienna Miller, Lindsay Lohan and his modeling counterpart, Kate Moss. But now he is off the market. He married British singer Amelia Warner last April and this summer they announced she was expecting!
More juicy content from YourTango: