Below are the weekly requests for articles from Rochelle and the editorial team. Please use this list as inspiration to write pieces and publish them to your profile ... and, as a reminder, Rochelle and her team will edit articles after they're published. Edits will be limited to content, typos, SEO help, image changes and clarity.
If your article requires major edits, we may not promote it due to time constraints. Please refer to the Better Blogger Guide for answers to your questions, and remember to bring questions/requests/inquires to Office Hours each Thursday at 12pm EST. If you need a copy of the Better Blogger Guide, please let us know. You're also welcome to email Melanie or Tina with questions/requests. You can reach Melanie here and Tina here.
If you've found this page and you're not yet a member of YourTango Experts, please email Tina to discuss the details and learn how you can get involved.
Don't forget to answer an Ask YourTango question from our readers! Keep your answers under 400 words and please do mention that you are a YourTango Expert and link to your page.
- A married mother of three is no longer attracted to her obese husband. Should she have an affair?
- A young mother asks how she can break up with her fiance since his family doesn't approve of the love.
As of 3/10/2014, we are looking for articles on the following topics. Remember to reference the news item (better yet, link to it!) when writing your article so it's clear to the reader why your article is timely and relevant.
- Are You Using Your Mobile Device Too Much Around Your Child?: A study released online today in Pediatrics gives us a glimpse of this impact by the examining patterns of mobile device use by caregivers and children during meals in fast food restaurants. Article Ideas: What are the long term effects of ignoring your child in favor of your mobile device?
- Sheryl Sandberg: The Word 'Bossy' Should Be Banned: Stars like Beyonce, Oprah, Jane Lynch, and Jennifer Garner join forces to help spread the word against the word "bossy." You can watch their PSA on People.com Article Ideas: What other words should be ban using towards young girls?
- Khloe Kardashian Feels Guilty Filing For Divorce: Khloe Kardashian expressed her guilt and feelings about her divorce on last nights Keeping Up With The Kardashians. She claims Lamar (her hubby) doesn't care as much. Article Idea: The difference between men and women who are going through the idea and the feeling of "guilt."
- Free Birth Control Doesn't Increase Risky Sex: Study says free birth control decreases the amount of sex partners and doesn't change women's attitude about sex. Article Idea: What does increase the amount of sex partners and attitudes about sex for women?
- Cohabitation Doesn't Cause Divorce, After All: New research finds that premarital cohabitation isn't linked with divorce at all. Article Idea: What's the real difference of moving in before you're married?
- Revenge is back on the air and will be trending. Article Idea: Could be interesting to have an expert assess some of the characters' complicated relationships. What are some unexpected love lessons from Revenge?
If you're interested in syndication, here is what our partners are looking for (updated 2/27):
- We need beauty and fashion posts this week! Who's got some date night outfits up their sleeves?
- We also need home decor articles. I'm thinking feng shui!
UPDATED 2/19/2014 We're looking for experts who are willing to help us with our SEO (Search Engine Optimization) goals by writing articles that use certain phrases in the titles, and liberally throughout the articles. Please note that in order for these articles to serve our purposes, you must use the exact phrase in your title. (for example, if the phrase is: "how to be happy", you must include "how to be happy" in your title; not "how you can be happier".)
The new keywords we're looking for now are: