Below are the weekly requests for articles from Rochelle and the editorial team. Please use this list as inspiration to write pieces and publish them to your profile ... and, as a reminder, Rochelle and her team will edit articles after they're published. Edits will be limited to content, typos, SEO help, image changes and clarity.
If your article requires major edits, we may not promote it due to time constraints. Please refer to the Better Blogger Guide for answers to your questions, and remember to bring questions/requests/inquires to Office Hours each Thursday at 2pm EST. If you need a copy of the Better Blogger Guide, please let us know. You're also welcome to email Melanie or Tina with questions/requests. You can reach Melanie here and Tina here.
If you've found this page and you're not yet a member of YourTango Experts, please email Tina to discuss the details and learn how you can get involved.
Don't forget to answer an Ask YourTango question from our readers! Keep your answers under 400 words and please do mention that you are a YourTango Expert and link to your page.
- This person is wondering about who should be the "priority" in blended families. What do you think?
- This woman can't make herself accept that she needs to move on from an abusive ex boyfriend. Can you help her?
As of 12/5/13, we are looking for articles on the following topics. Remember to reference the news item (better yet, link to it!) when writing your article so it's clear to the reader why your article is timely and relevant.
- Jezebel reports on the woman behind the website shesahomewrecker.com. It's a website that seeks to "expose" women who cheat with married men. Article ideas: "Is All Really Fair In Love & War?" "Mind Your Own (Relationship) Business"
- CNN reports on teens that are WAY stressed out. Is life for teenagers harder & more stressful now than it used to be? Article ideas: "How Are You Making Your Teen Stressed Out?" "Teens Today Are Learning Unhealthy Behaviors For Life"
- The NY Times reports that HIV-positive, poor black and hispanic men are the face of the disease, but are still stigmatized. Has our cultural attitude toward STDs changed in the new millenium or not? Article idea: "Can (& Should) We Remove The Stigma Behind STDs?"
- The Wall Street Journal talks about "rating" your marriage. Apparently assigning a numerical score to how you're doing can help you overcome problems. Article ideas: "What's Your Number? Rating Your Marriage To Help Improve It" "Can You Take Your Marriage From a 1 To A 10?"
- NPR reports that onine daters favor White men and Asian women. There is a lot more intriguing data on race and online dating here as well. Does online dating make us more open-minded or less so when it comes to racial tensions & issues? Article ideas: "Can Online Dating Fix Racism?" "In Issues Of Ethnicity & Dating, Race Is Still A Hurdle"
If you're interested in syndication, here is what our partners are looking for (updated 12/2):
- This week, we're looking for some 50+ content. Think outside the box! Article ideas: "Hey: It's OK To WANT To Be Single & Over 50" "X Things No One Told You About Love After 50"
- We are also looking for money-related content. Article ideas: "How Much Should You Spend On Your Partner's Holiday Gift?" "Avoiding Financial Breakdown In Your Family This Holiday"
- HuffPost Gay Voices is a site dedicated to LGBT culture and love. They are always looking for great gay content.
UPDATED 12/2/2013 We're looking for experts who are willing to help us with our SEO (Search Engine Optimization) goals by writing articles that use certain phrases in the titles, and liberally throughout the articles. Please note that in order for these articles to serve our purposes, you must use the exact phrase in your title. (for example, if the phrase is: "how to be happy", you must include "how to be happy" in your title; not "how you can be happier".)
The new keywords we're looking for now are: