Below are the weekly requests for articles from Melodie and the editorial team. Please write and publish to your profile ... and, as a reminder, Melodie and her team will edit articles after they're published. Edits will be limited to content, typos, SEO help, image changes and clarity.
If your article requires major edits, we may not promote it due to time constraints. Please refer to the Better Blogger Guide for answers to your questions, and remember to bring questions/requests/inquires to Office Hours each Thursday at 2pm EST. If you need a copy of the Better Blogger Guide, please let us know. You're also welcome to email Melanie or Tina with questions/requests. You can reach Melanie here and Tina here.
If you've found this page and you're not yet a member of YourTango Experts, please email Tina to discuss the details and learn how you can get involved.
For the week of 5/20/13, we are looking for articles on the following topics. Remember to reference the news item (better yet, link to it!) when writing your article so it's clear to the reader why your article is timely and relevant.
- According to The Huffington Post, new studies suggest that regular church attenders marry at higher rates, divorce at lower rates, are less likely to engage in extramarital sex and have more children than the general population. How does our faith affect our relationships (with our spouses and our children)? Does this study suggest that faith can be vital to a healthy, happy marriage? Or do you believe that people are less to prone to divorce strictly because it goes against their religious convictions (and therefore, not truly indicative of the health of the marriage)? Some article ideas include: Love & Faith: Why Your Marriage Will Succeed Because Of Religion; Marrying Out Of Faith: Good Or Bad?; How Important Is Religion In Marriage?
- According to The Boston Globe, more moms are using drinking at the end of the night as escapism. Is this really harmless or are there unseen dangers? Some article ideas include: X Signs Your Social Drinking Is Actually An Addiction; Your Glass Of Wine: How It Hurts Your Family.
- According to a recent study by VoucherCodesPro.co.uk, men in long term relationships are more likely to play a new video game than have sex with their partners. Video games are like any other technology—they can cause a disconnect between ourselves and our partners. But how are video games specifically detrimental to relationships? What can you do if you date a gamer? Can games actually help your relationship (contrary to the evidence of this study)? Some article ideas include: A Woman's Guide To Dating A Gamer; X Signs Your Boyfriend Is Addicted To Video Games. X Ways Video Games Ruin Your Relationship.
- According to a recent study featured in MSN, about one in four married couples younger than 35 bought their first home together before they actually tied the knot. This is part of the bigger trend of cohabiting together before marriage, but buying a home is a much bigger commitment than renting an apartment together. So what should couples consider (financially and emotionally) before buying a home together? Some article ideas include: X Things To Consider Before Buying A House; X Must-Dos To Buying A Home Together; Why Being Home-Owners Is The Worst Thing For Your Relationship.
- According to The Oakland Press, in a new twist of the review of DOMA, the Supreme Court has put the spotlight on gay parenting. What are your views on this hot-button issue? Do you think kids are at an advantage or disadvantage being raised by gay/lesbian parents? Why? How are children affected by these laws that prevent their parents from getting married? Some article ideas include: DOMA: Should Gay Parents Be Allowed To Marry?; X Reasons Gay Parents Are Better Than Straight Parents.
- According to a study published in The Journal of Adolescent Health, teens in a relationship that involves dating violence are likely to be both a victim and perpetrator, as opposed to being just one or the other. This means that if your teen is an an abusive relationship, he or she is not only a potential victim of abuse, but a perpetrator, as well. What can we teach our kids as parents to end the cycle on dating violence? Some article ideas include: Is Your Teen In An Abusive Relationship? X Things You Need To Know About Teen Dating Violence; How To Talk To Your Teen About Abusive Relationships.
- According to Pew Research Center, Mothers with infant children in the U.S. today are more educated than they ever have been. In 2011, more than six-in-ten (66%) had at least some college education. In your opinion, what does this trend say about our changing perspective of education, motherhood and women's role in society? Are educated women more capable mothers? Some article ideas include: Why Educated Women Are Better Mothers; Does Education Trump Early Motherhood?
If you're interested in syndication, here is what our partners are looking for this week:
- HuffPost Gay Voices is a site dedicated to LGBT culture and love. Some article suggestions include: 10 Unexpected Places To Meet LGBT Singles; Tips To Plan A Gay Winter Wedding
- HuffPost Weddings is devoted to the excitement and anxiousness of wedding planning and of future marital bliss. They also tend to pick up articles on themed date night ideas for committed couples. Some article suggestions include: How To Stay Calm At The Altar; Signs You Should Call Off Your Wedding; 5 Date Night Ideas For Athletic Couples; 5 Date Ideas For Couples Who Love The Outdoors
- HuffPost Divorce is dedicated to giving advice to those going through a divorce or separation. They also tend to pick up articles based on infidelity as a cause for divorce. Article suggestions are: How To Divorce-Proof Your Marriage; After An Affair: Should You Divorce Or Stay Together?; 5 Marriage Mistakes That Lead To Divorce
- eHarmony is looking for articles geared toward singles about online dating. Some article ideas include: Is Online Dating Right For You? Help! I'm In An Online Dating Rut; Which Online Dating Site Is Right For You?
- Celebrity Baby Scoop and Parents.com are all looking for articles about parenting. Some article ideas include: How Kids Can Save Your Marriage; What Couples With Kids Argue About Most; Help! My Husband Doesn't Want To Have Kids
- HuffPost Crime is looking for articles with a crime angle. Some article suggestions include: How To Handle His Criminal Past; Help! My Boyfriend Is Behind Bars
- HuffPost 50 is looking for content to celebrate life after 50. Article suggestions are: Why Sex After 50 Rocks; What To Expect In Your 50s ... In Bed; Why I Got Married In My 50s
- LearnVest, AllYou and CreditSesame are all looking for articles about finances. Some article suggestions include: 10 Fights You Shouldn't Have About Money; 6 Money Mistakes Couples Make; 3 Steps To Manage Your Combined Finances
We're looking for experts who are willing to help us with our SEO (Search Engine Optimization) goals by writing articles that use certain phrases in the titles, and liberally throughout the articles. Please note that in order for these articles to serve our purposes, you must use the exact phrase listed in your title. The phrases we're looking for now are:
- Bisexuality. Some article ideas include: Bisexuality: Does It Even Exist?; Experimenting With Bisexuality: 5 Tricks To Try; The Taboo Of Bisexuality & What It's All About
- Emotional Affair. Some article ideas include: Help! My Husband Had An Emotional Affair; Emotional Affairs: Is It Cheating?; 5 Signs He's Having An Emotional Affair
- Cheating Spouse. Some article ideas include: How To Forgive Your Cheating Spouse; 5 Signs You Have A Cheating Spouse; How To Tell A Friend About Her Cheating Spouse
- Summer Wedding Colors. Some article ideas include: Summer Wedding Colors: Which Ones Suit You?; 5 Summer Wedding Colors You Should Consider; Summer Wedding Colors That Aren't Cheesy
- How To Be Sexy. Some article ideas include: How To Be Sexy Without Even Trying; How To Be Sexy Every Day Of The Week; How To Be Sexy (Yet Appropriate) At Work
- Outdoor Sex. Some article ideas include: Outdoor Sex: Why You Should Try It; 5 Places To Try Outdoor Sex; How To Have Outdoor Sex Without Getting Caught
- Romantic Ideas. Some article ideas include: Romantic Ideas For You & Your Boyfriend; 10 Romantic Ideas To Try This Spring; Romantic Ideas For New Couples
- Senior Dating. Some article ideas include: Senior Dating: Romantic Or Icky?; Senior Dating: The Hottest Trend In Romance; Senior Dating: Is It For You?
- Sex Facts. Some article ideas include: 5 Sex Facts You Won't Believe; 5 Sex Facts For Married People; Sex Facts Your Mother Never Told You
- Soulmates. Some article ideas include: Do Soulmates Truly Exist?; How I Knew We Were Soulmates; 10 Signs You're Soulmates