Natalie asked me to compile a list of songs that convey an anti-love/anti-Valentine's Day sentiment. At first, despite my recent breakup, I sighed and thought it a nearly impossible project. I put off the request for a couple days, then I realized that what I had been listening to for the past couple weeks was my list — already created without any effort! Funny how things work out, isn't it? Here are my top 10 anti-love songs of the moment.
More from YourTango: 6 Myths About Dating A Career-Focused Guy
2. "I Felt Your Shape" by The Microphones. Why? "I thought I felt your shape but I was wrong, really all I felt was falsely strong…"
3. "Come Pick Me Up" by Ryan Adams. "I wish you would come pick me up, take me out, f**k me up, steal my records, screw all my friends, they're all full of s**t, with a smile on your face and then do it again…"
4. "Don't Use My Broken Heart" by Leona Naess. Why? "Don't use the records I played you, to seduce or reduce what remains, you know as well as I do, they only will remind you that you'll never have this heart again…"
5. "Yeah! Oh, Yeah!" by The Magnetic Fields. Why? "I can't take your perpetual whining and you can't sing…"
6. "I Don't Want Love" by The Antlers. Why? "You wanna climb up the stairs, I wanna push you back down, but I let you inside so you can push me around…"
More from YourTango: Weird News: Japanese Photog Invents The Awesomest Girlfriend
More Juicy Content From YourTango: