Take a bubble bath, eat dessert for breakfast, and get your hair done.
Just because you're single doesn't mean you shouldn't be treated to the finer things in life. The best part about being single is doing things for yourself and on your own terms. So quit your sulking and get to pampering. It's important to be good to yourself. Here's how:
1. Buy yourself flowers. Flowers not only brighten up a room, but can brighten up your day. Don't wait for someone else to buy you flowers; do it now for yourself.
2. Take yourself out. Get dressed up and take yourself out on a date. It might be scary at first to go into a restaurant alone, but it also takes a huge amount of confidence, and confidence is sexy. Men love sexy, so you never know — you just might meet someone while you're out there.
3. Eat dessert for breakfast. The one thing I love to do when I wake up cranky is have cupcakes for breakfast. Being an adult means deciding you can have chocolate when you first wake up, and being single means there's no one around to judge you.
4. Get lost. Have an adventure by yourself, take the long way home, or get lost on purpose. There's freedom in the wild, and a thrill when you find your way home again — both literally and metaphorically.
5. Spa day. May sound relatively cliche, but a spa day either alone or with friends is a surefire way to feel truly pampered. It will also do wonders for your complexion. Or the smoothness of your skin. Or your gnarly feet.
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
The One Piece Of Advice All Single Women Need
Help! I'm Almost 40 And Still Single
- 12 Surprising New Facts About Singles In America