The chocolates are gone, the flowers are starting to wilt, and the lingerie is now at the bottom of the laundry heap. But before the memory of your hot Valentine's night fades, think about what you can do to make it possible again. My best advice to moms: seize the moment! Your partner is fresh from the headiness of a satisfying sexcapade, so he's motivated to make it happen again; he just needs to realize what it entails. So print this out and clip it to his wallet, his favorite beer mug or his razor. You can also print these out and check off the ones that work for you, or just suggest them all!
To My Beloved—Let’s Make Valentine's Last Longer than a Day! I'm game if you are, but here's what you can do to make it happen:
- Hire a babysitter, take the day off work, then take me on a private picnic, check us into a spa, or book us a pay-by-the-hour hotel.
- Help me unwind! Put the kids to bed early, draw a warm bath, add my favorite bubble bath and rubber duckie, then join me.
- Seduce all my senses: play my favorite sexy music, serve me a selection of aphrodisiacs, and give me a massage using my favorite scented lotion!
- Write me a sexy letter describing in detail one of our most erotic moments together. Make sure to tell me what was going on in your mind as well as your body!
- Plan a romantic evening (including hiring the babysitter) and serve me a delicious meal (ie. no macaroni and cheese). Surprise me with a hand-written invitation.
- Take a photo of yourself, naked, vacuuming the living room. Leave it somewhere where I will find it during the day, along with a note saying you'll clean the house, or hire a housecleaner! If this sounds odd, consider the survey that found that couples who share chores equitably were more likely to have a good sex life.
- Plan a weekend getaway. Nothing turns me on more than getting out of my routine, and having someone else work out all the details!
Written by Anne for Moms in Babeland.
For more on love, sex and motherhood, check out: