"Lovesick" doesnt just mean crying so hard after you have been dumped that you barf on your bed sheets. (Although, girl, I have been there. True story.) You can also be lovesick when youre so engulfed in love for another person that being away from them makes you feel ill. Me, for instance: my boyfriend travels on business a lot. A lot. Sometimes I am just happy to watch The Rachel Zoe Project without anyone whining, but sometimes it's slow and lonely torture. Last week, for example, I found myself crying in a bathroom stall at work because I just felt like half of me had flown across the country. It was pathetic. Sad. Sucky to the max. The Frisky: Travel With Your Significant Other Without Killing Each Other
Today, he left on yet another business trip. This time it's only a short one, praise be. But my foodie lover has sweetened his absence, literally, by sending me a box of handmade, artisanal chocolates to sate my sweet tooth. Chocolate could never replace half of my heart, the love of my life. But any girl will tell you, chocolate just... helps. Bitches, you know I'm totally blogging right now with citrus/rum raisin/toast-flavored chocolate melting in the corners of my lips. The Frisky: Plan A Honeymoon On A Budget
This got me thinking: what are some other things couples can do for each other when one of them starts singing "I'm Leavin On A Jet Plane"? The Frisky: I'm Afraid To Date Because I'm On A Budget
If you're the one leavin' on a jet plane:
• A delivery of chocolates, flowers or one of those fruit-baskets-shaped-to-look-like-flowers are always appreciated.
• A goofy postcard or two couldn't hurt, especially if its not just some generic one but one that actually reminds you of her.
• Dont leave a crap-ton of laundry or dirty dishes behind for her to wash in your absence.
• If youre staying in a hotel that has fancy little shampoos and body wash, see if you can bring em home for her in your luggage.
• TiVo the shows you would normally watch together, so you can enjoy them when you get back.
• If shes got her old childhood teddy bear or another stuffed animal hiding in storage, pull it out before you go and leave a little note: I thought you could use someone to snuggle with while Im gone!
• Stock the freezer with a pint of her favorite ice cream.
• Sexy photos of yourself are appreciated, but no pics of just your penis, please! Unless you are dating Samantha Jones on Sex & The City, women generally consider penis photos to be gross.