A new scientific study has just "proven" what every female on the planet already knows: men like looking at breasts.
What's more, men don't just like looking at breasts, but nearly half of them (47 percent) will look at a woman's breasts before he looks at her face, and will look at them longer than any other body part.
More from YourTango: 20 Dreamy Dresses For A Beach Wedding
The researchers behind this study, housed at New Zealand's University of Wellington, came to their conclusions by having their male subjects look at six pictures of the same woman. In each picture, the woman's face was the same. The size of her breasts, waist, and hips, however, varied (thanks to digital alterations). Tabs were kept on where each man looked first and for how long his gaze lasted—and as it so happens, the breasts oftentimes won out.
As with a lot of scientific studies, we believe this particular one comes with some good news and some bad news, and we've laid it all out below.
1. Size doesn't seem to matter when it comes to breasts. While some might be tempted to surmise that men's eyes fall where they do for evolutionary reasons (a large bustline and small waist, after all, might be associated with higher estrogren levels and fertility), the University of Wellington researchers suggest a more prosaic explanation: "Men may be looking more often at the breasts because they are simply aesthetically pleasing, regardless of the size." 7 Greatest Things About Having A Small Rack
2. All that time we spend on our hair and make-up is unneccessary. The study found that less than twenty percent of men look at a woman's face first. Thus, if you're a woman who's worried about her wrinkles, you can let that hang-up go. Almost no one is looking at your face anyway.
3. Many women like to be looked at. Most women have breasts. Thus, if you are a woman and want to be looked at by a man, you are in luck.
1. We still don't know how our butts rank. The study concludes that forty seven percent of men look at breasts first, a third look at the waist and hips first, and less than twenty percent look at the face first. But what about the butt? Would the outcomes of the study change if the butt was an option? We think so. Anal Sex For Beginners
More from YourTango: 8 Annoying Pickup Tactics We Are So Over
2. We aren't clear on ratios. Why did the researchers vary the measurements of the body parts, but not report on how the variations affected the outcomes? Now we don't know if we're supposed to have forty-inch waists and thirty-inch bustlines, or the other way around. We can only hypothesize.
3. Any yahoo can get funding for any "scientific study." How did this team manage to get funding for this study? Why didn't the funders just give us the research money and let us explain what happens to us everyday? Please, scientific philanthropists, if you have any cash left and want more proof that women's breasts get looked at, give us a call.