Break Up Advice - 5 Secret Tips to Get Over the Break Up Blues
The wake of any broken relationship brings with it inevitable pain, which requires time to heal. While it is perfectly normal to feel depressed on facing rejection and having to adjust to life without someone you deeply loved, it is also necessary to actively try and get out of the slump. Life might have changed, but life still goes on. Here’s some valuable relationship break up advice for you to follow.
How to deal with those break-up blues:
More from YourTango: Too Busy For Online Dating? This Service Will Do It For You
• Come to terms with the fact that things have changed. Avoid texting or chatting with your ex like you used to, at least until you are feeling less emotional. This has an added bonus – you won’t be driving them further away since you won’t be constantly bugging them.
• Agree with your ex about the break up. This is great break up advice because you will leave your ex with the feeling that you are on the same side. If you can agree with them about why the relationship had to end, you can leave the door open between you.
• Do not hold grudges. Appreciate whatever was good about your ex, forgive, and get on with your life. Holding onto negative emotions like these only leads to bitterness and depression. It’s just not worth it.
• Don’t keep pining for the way things were. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get involved in things that will keep your mind off dwelling on the past. I know that it’s not as easy as it sounds, but it will make a world of difference to your well being and being able to move on.
• Reconnect with your family and friends—they could surprise you like never before. These are people that care about you and they would be more than happy to help you move on and get you involved with life again.
When you are able to start moving forward you will be on the path to healing. By becoming involved in new activities and interests you will gain a better sense of yourself and self confidence. You will be a much more appealing person to be around.
More from YourTango: Online Dating Tips For Men: 9 Ways To NOT Turn Her Off
Whether your goal is to get your ex back, or to move on with your life, this break up advice is designed to give you a good start.
If you are wondering, “does my ex still care about me?”, you need to check out this article about 5 signs that show they care: Are you ready to get serious about winning your ex back? Check this out: Save Relationship for the absolute best secrets I've found to help you win your ex back quickly.