Yesterday, the ladies of the YourTango staff put together a great list of relationship mistakes that women constantly repeat. And today the guys (fine, just this guy) put together an addendum to that list. As always, drop your own knowledge on us. Read: 13 Relationships Mistakes Men Could Stop Making
1. Insisting that any relationship book is gospel just because you happen to agree with it.
More from YourTango: Who Are You Trying To Fool With Those Spanx?
2. Putting an arbitrary number on dates or days before you consummate the relationship. Ninety days, shminety days, when it's right it's right. Read: All The Way On The First Date: Why Wait?
3. Being ashamed of your body. We think it's super awesome, you don't have to cover up. Read: What A Man Sees When You're Naked
4. Quoting Dr. Phil. We have no idea what "no dog ever peed on a moving car" means and neither do you.
5. Equating time apart with dissatisfaction. Dudes like golf, fishing, football, gambling etc., We don't (usually) do them to get away from you.
6. Baiting and switching. "I just have to get one thing," and actually shopping are two different animals. We like to know what we're getting into*.
7. Assuming that we'll become best friends with your BFF's boyfriend. We promise to talk about guy stuff but he's not going to be a groomsman, OK?
8. Pulling the goalie without alerting the other team. Sure, this rarely happens in real life on the Earth but it's a Blair Witch that scares the bejingles out of every man alive. Watch: How To Interpret Man Speak
9. Offhandedly mentioning intimate details of our relationship to other people. That was said in confidence, aight?
10. Constantly comparing your relationship to that of your friends, relatives, celebrities, imaginary people, et cetera. WE'RE DIFFERENT PEOPLE! They probably have issues that would make you pee your pants in terror.
11. Saying, "My friends think…" when you mean "I think…" Eventually, we will ask your friends about it.
12. Cajoling us into the bathroom to keep the conversation going while you do your business. It really kills the mystery.
More from YourTango: I Love You, Now Stop Making Me Fat
13. Qualifying your appreciation of our sweeping romantic gestures. How were we to know that you find Queen Anne's Lace tacky or consider karaoke serenades vulgar? Read: Show Affection (Without Getting Sappy)
14. Asking your friends or family to mediate disputes. Somehow you end up being right every time.