Breaking news before the slow-poke networks, staying atop of Ashton Kutcher's activities, bringing the pound sign back: Twitter gives us all of this. But what does Twitter do for love, we asked? The answer: the chance to write clever pick-up lines in 140 characters or less.
Here are some faves from YourTango and our loyal followers:
1. Be my date and I'll #FollowFriday you every day of the week.
2. I'm twitterpated with you.
3. I need more than 140 characters to tell you how beautiful you are.
4. If Twitter is a meat market, you must be the prime rib.
5. You're so hot, you must have more followers than @aplusk
6. Your twitters make my heart flitter.
7. Roses are red. Violets are blue. If you're seeing this tweet, I <3 you.
8. Tweet your mother 'thank you' for giving birth to something as gorgeous as you.
9. Do you believe in love at first tweet? Or should I tweet you again?
10. Fancy tweeting someone like you in a place like this.
11. Let's direct message_all_night_long_ #kiss #sex
12. Tweet here often?
13. Was that an earthquake or did u just tweet my world?
14. I may not be a genie but I can make your tweets come true.
15. Who cares about celebrities? You're the only star in my twitterverse.
16. I usually don't follow the first night but for you I'll make an exception.
17. Do you know why the Twitter bird is blue? Cause it's so far away from you.
18. I wouldn't trade your follow for all of Gary Vaynerchuk's.
19. I could read your random thoughts all night long.
20. Wanna go back to my house and #?