Get it, girl.
Smitten featured a letter from a reader who was perplexed about how to handle a crush she had on her roommate's buddy. As with most crush-related quandaries, the pressing issue at hand was "How do I tell him?"
But there was one main difference between this reader's crush and the standard "your friend is cute" variety. Namely, the fact that she'd already slept with him.
Of their one-night of magic and her subsequent feelings, she said, "We were extremely drunk, and he came home with me and we had sex ... and now I want to date him. He doesn't have a cell phone so I can't do the flirty texting thing. I've considered adding him on Facebook, but I don't want to be too forward. What do I do? How do I make the (second) first move on this?"
Smitten wisely suggested that the reader just be straight-forward. They advised her to send him an email stating something along the lines of "I like hanging out with you. Do you want to maybe meet up this Wednesday for a beer?"
In response to that, we say, good answer! Another publication might have taken that nice reader's letter as an excuse to preach against the practice of one night stands, but they didn't.
And in advising their reader to just go for it, they've inspired us to consider all the reasons why it might be a good (or even great) idea to date the guy you had that single drunken roll in the hay with. Here's our top five.
- You know he likes to drink. And seemingly as much as you do.
- What's your name again? What do you do for a living? These and dozens of other exciting questions await.
- You already know he's good in bed. Or, at least capable of doing the job while obliterated.
- There's no awkward conversations about when you'll finally go all the way.
- This is the chance to demonstrate that you're not just a tawdry tart, but a tawdry committed significant other.
So, why not ask out your one-night stand? What have you got to lose?