There are two ways to go with Halloween costumes. Over-achievers (and role-playing aficionados) go all out with fake blood, custom vampire teeth and the perfect shade of face paint. But if you don't have the time (or, let's face it, the cash) to create a masterpiece, go the easy but effective route: a pun costume. These costumes take minimal time and effort and make you look super clever. Below YourTango's five easy, funny (and punny) couples Halloween costume ideas:
1. E-Male and Attachment. The man wears an "E" on his shirt (a sharpie and a white undershirt will do it) and the woman fastens paper clips all over her top.
2. A Freudian Slip. The man dresses as Freud (a suit is all you need, although a cigar and round glasses are even better) and the woman wears a slip.
3. Curiosity Killed the Cat. The man wears a question mark on his shirt and holds a weapon (got a water gun lying around?); the woman dresses as a cat, which can be as easy as painting whiskers on your face with eyeliner.
4. Mummy and Deady. This is the least sexy of the costumes, but it's a fun one. One person dresses as a mummy by wrapping toilet paper around his torso (go with two-ply here) and the other person just has to look dead—you can do old-school ghost and drape a sheet over your head, or just use powder that's a couple shades too light.
5. Peace and Quiet. One person dresses as a hippie, the other is a mime. The hippie can wear flared pants, a tye-dyed shirt and a headband. The mime can wear black pants, a white and black striped shirt and paint her face white.
Got other good couple's costume ideas? Let us know in the comments!
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- 8 Couples Halloween Costumes That Don't Make Us Hurl [GALLERY]
- History Of Halloween: 7 Creepy Tales of Love And The Supernatural
- 11 Halloween Quotes From Our Favorite Spooky Love Stories