Independence Day is one of the biggest celebrations of the summer, and it's just around the corner! If you are not independent, so to speak, it is also the perfect day to do something romantic with your significant other. Here are 10 spectacular, dazzling date ideas that will make both of your hearts go boom:
1. Soak up some sun and play in the water. There's always an excuse to go to the beach in the summer, and the Fourth of July is no exception. Plus, everyone looks a little sexier with some skin showing, and splashing in the water together is a playful and fun way to spend the day.
More from YourTango: 14 Things Men Love, According To Science
2. Set up a picnic in the park. Nothing beats eating, talking and enjoying the beautiful scenery. Before going on your picnic, cook and bake special Independence Day treats together.
3. Eat a romantic dinner outside. Summer is best time of year to enjoy outdoor seating at your favorite local restaurant, especially on the holiday. Sitting outside is sure to make it feel like summer.
4. Watch the fireworks together. Watching the fireworks during this holiday is a classic, and seeing them as a couple makes for an adorable date. Find yourselves a good location to get the best view, and don't forget to kiss as the fireworks erupt against the night sky!
More from YourTango: 10 Signs Your Guy Is Definitely In Love With You
5. Take him out to the ballgame. Between the competition, crazy fans and delicious beer and hot dogs, a baseball game is such a fun date! So, this Fourth of July, enjoy this all-American sport by rooting for your team and getting caught on the kiss cam.
More dating advice from YourTango: