Nina Atwood (LPC)
From Nina Atwood:
As a licensed therapist with over twenty years in private practice, I have a passion for helping singles find and create healthy relationships. I wrote and published my first book for singles, Be Your Own Dating Service, in 1996, and simultaneously launched the world’s first educational resource on the internet for singles, Singlescoach®. Since then, I've had the fulfillment of helping millions of singles as an expert on the intricacies of dating and love relationships, featured in national magazines and newspapers, on radio, and on national and regional television. I love writing and sharing insights through additional books, audios, and even my own internet radio show "Love Strategies." My newest book, Temptations of the Single Girl, is a unique parable style book that will transform your quest for a great guy. Most of all, I love hearing your questions and comments about life, love, dating, and relationships!
The Reason I Became A Helping Professional
There is no greater satisfaction in life than realizing that you have made a positive difference for another human being, and maybe impacted future generations as a result. I've found that the keys to happiness revolve around a handful of very basic things:
- Spirituality – an awareness of and belief in something greater than ourselves
- Values – knowing what we will and will not do based on a sense of basic right and wrong
- Emotional intelligence – self-awareness, and the ability to be aware of and connected to others through understanding, empathy, and compassion
- Behavior – doing things that work, avoiding things that don’t, awareness of the consequences of what we do, and choosing behavior that is in our highest and greatest good and that of the lives we touch
- Contribution – an orientation to life that is bigger than getting what we selfishly want, aiming instead to make a positive contribution to others
- Alignment of all of the above – we choose and act true to our spiritual beliefs, values, self- and other-awareness, and the desire to contribute
As a helping professional, I've been blessed with countless opportunities to help people develop and sharpen these keys to happiness. Along the way I found myself, and that was the bonus!
Over $120 per session