My daughter got married on Saturday. Everyone she loved was gathered at the church for the ceremony. We listened to the exchange of the wedding vows and admired the wedding rings. The message was clear: Marriage is more than a contract, it is a covenant shared between two willing souls. We don't marry to win or to get our way and be happy. We get married because we want to love, serve and grow with another person, and we know doing these actions will afford us the ultimate happiness.
Marriage is not easy. It is more than saying, "I do." It is willingness, an "I will," which we partake of every day. Instead of saying, "I do" to your spouse, make the commitment to say, "I will." I will love, forgive and grow with you no matter what happens to our health, our finances or our situation. My daughter and now son-in-law are responsible for creating their happily ever after in their hearts each day. Congratulations to them and to all of you who have taken the vow of "I will." –Mary Jo Rapini
My Question for you is, why do you think the majority of people get married today? Is it to find a partner to live and share with, or is it more about finding someone to take care of you?
- For more information or you FREE MONTHLY RELATIONSHIP TIPS: www.maryjorapini.com
- http://ustre.am/PLWSÂ struggling with low libido in your relationship.
- Married with small children at home and keeping your relationship close http://traffic.libsyn.com/sexandintimacy/MJR_ep_01.mp3
- Improving your body image http://traffic.libsyn.com/sexandintimacy/MJR_ep_04.mp3
- Talk to me on my fan page: http://www.facebook.com/maryjorapini
- You Tube: http://www.youtube.com/maryjorapini
- Tweet me: @ Mary Jo Rapini
Tags: Marriage, Love, Happiness, Commitment
For More On Marriage From YourTango: