Getting over your ex is a challenge, but here are some ways to help you do it.
Break-ups are something that nobody looks forward to. Moving forward afterwards can be hard, especially if you still have emotional ties to the other person. Depending on how long your relationship lasted you may have some real feelings of emptiness that need to be handled. However, staying in that depressed state will not help you to meet someone new. It’s about bouncing back and being positive.
The bounce back after a break-up is up to you. It won’t happen with the snap of a finger. You have to work on it and make an effort to look at the brighter side. And if you don’t start bouncing back right now, it’s not going to happen at all. Here are seven ways to help you bounce back after a break-up.
- Nothing heavy: Your break-up was probably heavy, so only hang out with friends who are no drama. Stick to light times when you socialize.
- Sleep-in: Take a moment to get some rest and sleep-in for a day or two. It may be nice to have your bed all to yourself again, too. Enjoy it and get your batteries recharged.
- Junk food for the soul: The break-up diet of ice cream and candy is a must. So enjoy it for a bit, but don’t let it go on for too long though.
- Go to the movies: Enjoy some time alone and a movie is always a great escape after a break-up. No more discussing with your ex what you both want to see. Grab a popcorn all to yourself!
- Collect your thoughts: Book a getaway for yourself. A spa is always the perfect place to heal yourself and collect your thoughts after a break-up. If you can’t go away at the moment, then just plan a day for yourself.
- Don’t date right away: People rush into dating, but I think it’s better if you enjoy a little time by yourself after a break-up. You can take a month off and make it productive.
- Join a new gym: You should join a new gym or exercise class. It’s good for you and you have the opportunity to meet new people.
More breakup advice from YourTango:
- How To (Finally) Get Over Your Breakup And Move On
- Help! My Last Breakup Scarred Me For Life
- How To Get Over A Bad Breakup