At the end of a relationship, hindsight is 20/20.
I hear it all the time, "How did I miss the signs?" It's not because you were stupid. It's because falling in love causes temporary insanity, literally. So how's a girl to know?
Top 10 signs he might be "Mr. Wrong"
- Your friends and family don't like him. Like it or not, they are usually a pretty good judge of what will work for you. If you are consistently getting the thumbs down, think twice.
- Your friends and family notice you are different when you're around him. You may not notice it, but if you aren't comfortable to be yourself when you're around him, that's saying something about long term potential.
- He wasn't honest on his profile. If he fudged his online dating profile, that most likely means he isn't comfortable with who is he or where he's at. You want a man who knows himself and isn't afraid to be who he is.
- He tells you upfront he isn't ready to commit. Men will do this a lot and women will tend to ignore it. Proceed at your own peril.
- He has another life that you only get to hear about. He has friends you don't meet and goes places with people you don't know, often. That doesn't mean he's hiding things from you, but it does mean he's keeping you on the outside of his real life.
- He doesn't have other close relationships in his life. He isn't close to his family. He doesn't have close friends. This is quite possibly a guy who doesn't value intimate relationships.
- He talks shit about his ex. Sure, someday you're going to hear his story, but a gentleman is just that—gentlemanly. Talking bad about the ex isn't.
- He doesn't take no for an answer about anything. He wants it his way. He pushes you to get it. He won't stop and you won't like where that takes you.
- He's quick to get angry. He might be just as quick to get over it. However, buyer beware with a guy has flashes of anger. Grown men you want to play with have learned to control their tempers.
- You feel it in your gut and you don't know why.
There is no higher source of wisdom than your intuition. If your gut says it's time to go, go. Period. No excuses needed.
Bonus Red Flag Alert
- He doesn't respect your privacy
- He's possessive in an uncomfortable way
- He gets jealous easily
Run for the hills on the spot!
Lisa Hayes C.Ht. is the Love Whisperer. She is a Law of Attraction Relationship Coach and author of The Passion Plan and Escape from Relationship Hell. She specializes in helping people get the love they want, no matter where they are in their lives. You can find her at her digit home, www.lisamhayes.com. Get her free audio, How to Talk to a Man, HERE.
More how to move on advice from YourTango:
- 8 Ways To Move On From A Past Relationship
- How To Move On From A Failed Relationship
- Why Men Are More Distant Than Women In Relationships