Not "feeling" your relationship anymore? Trust your intuition ... it's probably time to breakup.
It's time to finally admit that this relationship isn't working. Your fantasies of a perfect you + him = happily ever after are never coming true.
You didn't fail, it just didn't work and it's time to end it. Or is it?
So, when is a breakup something you must do?
When do you decide that you love him, but you love yourself more?
Any woman who has ever had a breakup will tell you that she "knew." And oftentimes, she knew weeks or even months before she finally had "the conversation."
The problem with waiting too long is that in those extra months you may develop resentment, anger, even hatred, or you could simply start acting bitchy and shut down. You finally arrive at a place where you know that you have to do it.
One of the markers is "I miss your smile, but I miss mine more."
How do you honor your own intuition and not linger so long that the relationship (and the mounting resentment) become damaging?
Trust yourself. You know when you're making excuses and settling for less than you deserve. It's time for courage. It's time to choose honoring yourself and your intuition.
Signs that it's SO over and time to move on:
- You don't like who you are when you are with him.
- You stop showing your best self.
- You stop putting energy into your appearance (shaving, makeup), not because you feel comfortable, but because you just don't care.
- You're making excuses for him.
- You feel like you are settling for less than you deserve.
- You don't want to touch him.
- You make excuses about why you can't have sex, or even kiss right now.
- Everything and everyone else is more important than spending time with him.
How many of those feel true for you right now? Need help taking the next step toward breaking up?
Check out my video below for more tips:
So what do you do if you end it and you can't seem to get over him? Maybe it's time to hire a Heartbreak coach. Learn How to End It, Get Over It, and Move On Faster NOW. Watch this Heartbreak 12-Step Strategy.