How do you know when you’ve met the right one? I Want to stop looking for the next better option.
I’ve been dating a guy for over a year now, and we’re thinking about taking it to the next level: marriage. How do you know when you’ve met the right one?
Your question suggests to me that you might have some uncertainty about taking your relationship to the next level. Many people willingly spend a significant amount of time, energy and money on the wedding event (or events) instead of expending those resources on finding the right person to be their partner.
Perhaps the following questions will help you navigate your way to knowing if you’re with the right one:
1) How do you feel when you are with him?
2) Do the two of you want the same things out of life?
3) Is your timeline for wanting those things similar to his?
4) Are your priorities and values compatible?
5) Can you be yourself around him?
These questions ask you to really consider your and your partner’s values, priorities and goals. Having compatibility with your partner with respect to these three intangibles establishes a strong foundation upon which to build a beautiful life together without losing a sense of self.
Jasbina asks Rachel Greenwald – In your book Have Him at Hello: Confessions from 1,000 Guys about What Makes Them Fall in Love or Never Call Back – you characterize the “Boss Lady” as the #1 Reason Men Don’t Call Back.
Are there any suggestions that you could give our listeners if they have an inkling that they sometimes fall ... Read more
Waiting for a college acceptance letter or an interview call back? Preparing to propose to your partner or bid on a house?
The anticipation of the outcome can be more stressful than the result itself.
People have a wide range of physical and emotional experiences while they're anticipating an event:
You may find yourself unable to sleep ... Read more
Whether it's a boisterous laugh that comes from the belly or a quiet laugh interspersed with snorting, when we laugh we instantly feel good and want to do it again.
What we don't think about is what is happening to our minds and bodies as we giggle, chuckle or roar out in laughter when something funny happens.
What is Laughter?
Laughter is ... Read more
2. Chris Martin: Who cares if he is reportedly loved up with Jennifer Lawrence as his first post-Gwynnie romance? He is a singer and a songwriter, and he is a true musical talent. Just like Mimi. Duet, anyone?
6. Lenny Kravitz: The singer (and her Precious co-star) is a stylish, snazzy dresser and a huge talent. Don't act like you can't picture him and Mimi holding hands while sunning themselves on a yacht or holding onto one another while cruising down a street on a moped in downtown NYC.
8. Usher: Imagine the beautiful music that Mimi and Usher would make? Swoon. Knees weak. We can't even. The R&B world would stop spinning on its axis. Their duet "How Much" was incredible, and we need more. Especially a ballad!
9. Prince Harry: He is British royalty. She is American — make that global— pop music royalty. The Prince and The Queen. It'd be like a fairytale. There'd be no better cougar than Mariah Carey, either!
10. Robin Thicke: Could Carey help him mend his broken heart after the split with Paula Patton? Lord knows his creepy Patton-centric album Paula flopped, as did her Me. I Am Mariah ... The Elusive Chanteuse, so this could be a personal and professional pick me up for both singers. Redemption!
1. Marc Anthony: A diva war might ensue over this, but Mimi could totally hook up with J. Lo's ex. They both have twins! Come on! Monroe, Moroccan, Max and Emme play dates would be rad. Bring it.