How do you know when you’ve met the right one? I Want to stop looking for the next better option.
Your question suggests to me that you might have some uncertainty about taking your relationship to the next level. Many people willingly spend a significant amount of time, energy and money on the wedding event (or events) instead of expending those resources on finding the right person to be their partner.
Perhaps the following questions will help you navigate your way to knowing if you’re with the right one:
1) How do you feel when you are with him?
2) Do the two of you want the same things out of life?
3) Is your timeline for wanting those things similar to his?
4) Are your priorities and values compatible?
5) Can you be yourself around him?
These questions ask you to really consider your and your partner’s values, priorities and goals. Having compatibility with your partner with respect to these three intangibles establishes a strong foundation upon which to build a beautiful life together without losing a sense of self.
For more from Jasbina:
- I’m 20 Years Old, But Not In A Serious Relationship – Is It Ok To Have Sex?
- Because Of A Abusive Relationship, I Cannot Keep A Guy Around – What Should I Do?
- South Asian Relationships: What Are The Patterns in Dating?