9 Ideas To Surprise Her with Something Special.
My fiancée recently took the bar exam, and has been busy with her job search ever since. What with my lengthy work hours, her studying for the bar and now job search, not to mention our extensive wedding planning (with our families), it seems like we just haven’t been able to spend all that much time together.
Given all that’s been going on, I thought it might be a good idea to surprise her with something special - any ideas?
What a thoughtful husband-to-be you are! In my opinion, one of the most meaningful gifts partners can give one another is a thoughtful demonstration of acknowledgment and appreciation.
Showing your fiancée, through your actions, how much you appreciate her is sure to make her feel special.
Below are some ideas you can customize to her personal tastes.
- Design a romantic evening consisting of pairing the viewing of one of your fiancée’s favorite movies with her favorite meal or dessert.
- Create a picnic consisting of her favorite foods at a place with special meaning for her (e.g. her school campus, field/auditorium where she played/performed), or the two of you (e.g. where you first met).
- A viewing of a slideshow you created from pictures of either the two of you, or your fiancée and her friends and family (this may be of use for your wedding reception as well).
- Arranging tickets for one of the museum exhibits or movies your fiancée has mentioned an interest in.
- Visiting an ice-cream parlor or other childhood favorite hangout which will remind your fiancée of her childhood.
- Gift your fiancée with a couples massage or spa day, cooking a romantic meal together, or any other joint activity your partner would most value doing with you.
- Begin the practice (if you don’t already do so) of telling your fiancée in-person or via a personal note one thing she did that day which you truly appreciate.
- Take her back to the venue where the two of you had your first date.
- Gift her time by purchasing a few hours from a personal concierge or housekeeping service to take some of her responsibilities/errands off her plate (this invaluable gift will free up leisure time for the two of you to spend together).
Best wishes to both of you as you embark on your shared life together!
For more from Jasbina:
- [INTERVIEW] Diana Kirschner Interview: Online Dating Strategies
- [BLOG] Lower Your Expectations!
- [BLOG] Flirting Secret - Silence!