What's so funny about sex? Find out here!
This sexologist is now a newly certified Laughter Yoga Leader! Laughter Yoga is the brainchild of Dr. Madan Kataria, a Physician from Mumbai, India, who launched the first Laughter Club at a Park on March 13, 1995, with merely a handful of persons. Today, it has become a worldwide phenomenon with more than 6000 Social Laughter Clubs in about 60 countries.
Laughter Yoga is so named because it combines unconditional laughter with yogic breathing, or Pranayama. In it, we:
- Laugh for no reason
- Do not rely on humor, jokes or comedy
- Use eye contact and childlike playfulness which usually turns into real and contagious laughter. The Benefits Of Playing With Your Children
The concept of Laughter Yoga is based on a scientific fact that the body cannot differentiate between fake and real laughter. Both offer physiological and psychological benefits.
I decided to pursue this training after having had a good experience attending a laughter meditation session. The session was part of the morning warm-up exercise that took place at the Sexological Bodywork program in Australia. Originally, I wanted explore ways I could incorporate some of the techniques into my workshops. I also wanted more joy in my life. What Happy Couples Have In Common [VIDEO]
Before the certification, I also took the opportunity to attend my first full-day Laughter Yoga session. After six hours of laughing, I could feel laughter energy bubbling inside of me. For the next two days, I felt giggly over little things. Indeed, the effects of Laughter Yoga can last for a few days.
- Too many people take sex too seriously. Laughter will not only alleviate stress and anxiety, it will also shift the mood in the bedroom.
- In Laughter Yoga, we fake it till we make. In sex, faking the motions of an orgasm can trigger a real one. Ladies, Here's How To Have An Orgasm That'll Blow Your MIND
- The more you laugh, the easier it becomes. The more orgasms you have, the easier it is for you to attain an orgasm.
- Laughter helps create more neuropathways in your body, making it easier for you to feel sensation and pleasure. Same goes for orgasms.
- We don't have to wait until we are in the mood to do something before we do it. This body-over-mind applies equally to laughter and sex.
- With practice, we gain control over our minds and get back in touch with our bodies.
Attend a Laughter Yoga session if you can. Use laughter to get back in touch with joy, sensation and pleasure. Simple things work.
Dr Martha Tara Lee is Founder and Clinical Sexologist of Eros Coaching in Singapore. She is a certified sexuality educator with AASECT (American Association of Sexuality Educators, Counselors, and Therapists), as well as certified sexologist with ACS (American College of Sexologists). She holds a Doctorate in Human Sexuality from Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality as well as certificates in practical counselling, life coaching and sex therapy. She is available to provide sexuality and intimacy coaching for individuals and couples, conduct sexual education workshops and speak at public events in Asia and beyond. For more, visit www.ErosCoaching.com.
For More Juicy Sex Advice:
- The Best Sex Advice on YourTango
- 9 Things I Wish I Had Learned In Sex Ed
- Sex Keeps You From Getting Sick [VIDEO]
This article was originally published at Eros Coaching. Reprinted with permission from the author.