This Sunday is Mother's Day. So, in honor of mothers and mother figures around the world, here are 25 golden nuggets of motherly advice about your love life:
More from YourTango: Jennifer Love Hewitt Is Getting Paid To Go On eHarmony Dates
2. Never write down anything you don't want someone to read. I actually encourage this kind of writing, but if you really don't want anyone else to read it, keep it hidden, or get out the Zippo.
3. You can be anything you want to be ... unless, of course, you want to be inauthentic. Inauthentic is the worst thing you can be when you're single (or a human).
4. Pretty is as pretty does. If you're feeling like the wicked witch on the inside, your date will see it on the outside, no matter how beautiful you are. How To Get Along With His Mom [VIDEO]
5. Make the best of it. A smelly or boring date is another chance for you to get clear on what you don't want.
6. Never learn to clean a fish or you'll be doing it for the rest of your life. Slow down your walk, because if he doesn't open the door for you the first time, he probably never will.
More from YourTango: Is Yoga Class An Affair Waiting To Happen?
7. Don't believe everything you hear. If he tells you he's slept with every other woman on the first date, don't believe him.
More love advice from YourTango: