Surprise your significant other with a sexy, holiday gift ... without breaking the bank!
1. Gifts with fuzzy textures encourage you to snuggle. It is amazing how people naturally are drawn to soft textures. Give your sweetie a fuzzy throw and a basket with some favorite DVDs and popcorn. Include a card that says, "Gift certificate for an evening of movies and snuggle time."
The cool thing about this kind of gift is that when your sweetheart uses the throw to stay warm when you're not around, he or she will immediately be reminded of snuggling with you on movie night, such that the energy of that memory will wrap around your beloved just as tangibly as that fuzzy wrap. It's a wonderful way to stay connected and top of mind.
Cashmere sweaters and other fuzzy clothing items are also great gifts to keep your sweetheart warm and feeling sexy. One of my female clients commented, "I wear a black cashmere sweater on blind dates and am always amazed at how my dates linger in the initial hug when I greet them. I don't know if it is because I feel so deliciously sexy in cashmere and they sense that and are drawn to me, or if it is that they just love the sensation of being hugged by a woman in cashmere, all warm, sexy and cuddly. I don't quite get the same response when I'm not wearing soft and fuzzy clothing."
2. Scentual gifts awaken romance. Forget all the expensive and synthetic fragrances that are not only often expensive but are also toxic. Instead, opt for organic scents in the form of essential oils added to bath salts or lotions. Most health food stores have a wide variety of naturally scented products. Include a hand made card "gift certificate for romantic bath for two," or "gift certificate for a massage by me with this lotion."
More couples advice from YourTango:
- 5 Marriage Secrets From Happily Married (A Long Time!) Couples
- Survey Reveals The Real Reason Couples Get Divorced
- What Happy Couples Have In Common [VIDEO]