NEED HELP?Find an Expert
Priscilla Hunt (Non-Profit)
Better Marriages is a nonprofit founded in 1973 as Association for Couples in Marriage Enrichment. For thirty-seven years we've been helping couples develop strong, healthy relationships. A grassroots organization, we have local, state and regional chapters located throughout the United States and in several other countries. Some of our distinctives:
- we train couples to lead classes, programs and events
- we organize peer support groups for couples to support one another on an ongoing basis
- we teach couples communication skills and how to creatively use conflict to bring them closer
- we organize an international conference that brings together couples who want to develop the best relationships possible and the professionals that serve them
- we provide resources that can be used by individual couples or in couple groups
The Reason I Became A Helping Professional
My husband, Greg, and I have always been passionate about each other and about our relationship! We look for opportunities to grow as individuals and as a couple. As a Better Marriages certified Leader Couple, we've developed skills and tools for reaching out into the community and helping other couples find healthy, mutually-satisfying relationships. It's fun to work together to have a positive impact on society! As we work with other couples, we're constantly honing our own relationship skills and learning more about how to love one another more completely and more effectively.
Greg has served as a pastor for 34 years and, together, we've always discovered ways to minister to couples, in the church and beyond. One thing we love about Better Marriages is that it's NOT a faith-based organization - so it's been seamless to use the resouces in a church setting or in a community setting. We enjoy both and both have their place.
Life is a journey, and I'm thrilled to be experiencing it with my best friend!
Determined case-by-case, please inquire