Helen Mirren is almost too fab for words (but we're gonna try anyway). Her decades-long career has inspired countless actresses and her relationship with husband Taylor Hackford is a model we should all follow. To express our deep love for this amazing actress and artist, we've rounded up our favorite quotes from the queen herself.
1. "[Sex appeal] … becomes less relevant with age, which is a good thing. Everything changes as we get older, and we have to applaud that fact, don't we?"
2. "I'd like to be remembered as a productive person and someone who at least did no harm. And certainly as a great artist, because that's been my primary motivating force. And also, as a nice person—though I'm sure a lot of people don't think I'm nice!"
3. "I never felt the need for a child and never felt the loss of it. I'd always put my work before anything."
4. "I used to say to Taylor, 'Oh why didn't we meet earlier?' But it's a really good thing, because we probably wouldn't be together now. I couldn't have dealt with him earlier on."
5. "I don't believe that if you do good, good things will happen. Everything is completely accidental and random. Sometimes bad things happen to very good people and sometimes good things happen to bad people. But at least if you try to do good things, then you're spending your time doing something worthwhile."
6. "There is that awful moment when you realize that you're falling in love. That should be the most joyful moment, and actually it's not. It's always a moment that's full of fear because you know, as night follows day, the joy is going to rapidly be followed by some pain or other. All the angst of a relationship."
7. "I was never that kind of star. I was never cast because I was gorgeous."
8. "The trick in life is learning how to deal with it."
9. "Flesh sells. People don't want to see pictures of churches. They want to see naked bodies."
10. "Being me right now is sort of amazing."
11. "I actually won my first Golden Globe for something called "Losing Chase". Kyra Sedgwick and me fell in love with each other, and it was a lovely piece about women loving women. In my heart of hearts I love women more than I love men. I mean sexuality aside - I'm heterosexual. I guess I'm heterosexual. I loved my friend I had at college because there was a sense of camaraderie and physical closeness that doesn't have to be sexual."
12. "As you get older, naked stuff gets easier."