Welcome to 30 Days Of Love, our one-month initiative to bring you closer to the love you deserve just in time for Valentine's Day — today! And today, on the day of love, we're shining the spotlight on spontaneity — and its role in a fulfilling relationship.
No matter how long you've been together, every relationship can benefit from having fun. Being spontaneous is essential to keeping the spark alive in your relationship. And, you don't have to be an incredibly impulsive person to keep things new and fresh with your significant other either. We're not talking about jumping out of planes — all you need is some creativity, courage and the desire to have fun with your partner.
Ready to change things up with new experiences? Here are 30 to get your started today.
1. Learn a new language. Whether you take classes or download an app, learning a new language can be an exciting experience for the both of you — no matter how bad his accent is or how long it takes you to remember your conjugations.
3. Pretend to be strangers at the bar. For as long as you've known your partner, pretend you don't. Different clothes, new hairstyles, different personalities, different names. Start by meeting at the bar and then take your new friend home — keep in character the entire time.
4. Take an exercise class together. Sweat it out in a way neither of you have done before — spinning, Hot Yoga, Zumba. Find something that interests you and work it out together.
5. Leave a sexy message on your partner's voicemail. When he least expects it, leave him a message telling him exactly what you want to do to him later that night.
6. Go to the movie theater and see the next show. Don't look up any times. Just go and get tickets for the next film that's playing. You may see something you enjoy or laugh hysterically at a terrible one.
7. Order for each other at a restaurant. Don't discuss what you'll be getting each other, just trust your partner will pick out something you like.
8. Explore a new city — without any plans. Rent a car and head to nearby city you know nothing about. If you're a planner, this will be a challenge but it'll also be an incredible learning experience for you and your partner to go with the flow.
9. Play Travel Roulette. Ready to step it up with the travel spontaneity? Take off work, pack your bags and go to the airport without any idea of where you'll go. Look at affordable, open flights and pick a place you've never been. You'll be in for an adventure.
10. When you get the opportunity to skinny dip, take it! This is a freeing experience that you and your partner shouldn't pass up.
11. Go all out having a romantic date where you both first met. Don't plan it for something like your anniversary, or Valentine's Day. Just bring up the idea and do it on a random weekend. It'll be romantic and a change from your regular weekend activities, like binge-watching shows.
12. Pick flowers and give them to your partner just because. This is a quick and free way to be romantic. If you're going on a walk and you see flowers, take the time to pick some and put them in water when you get home. They can make a cute centerpiece for that night's meal — and it will make your partner swoon.
13. Skip your gym day and opt for a stroll instead. There are so many ways to be active together. If you both are more likely to go to the gym then go for a romantic walk at a park or around your neighborhood. Depending where you live, you probably go everywhere in your car instead of going outside and walking. This will be a cute change of pace for both of you.
14. Go on a date sans panties. Don't tell him initially, but casually mention it midway through dinner. Once things become heated between the both of you and your secret will make making love that much hotter.
15. Send a sexy text. With a picture to match if you feel comfortable.
16. Celebrate a not-so-popular holiday. Did you know today is not only Valentine's Day, but it's also International Condom Day? That's definitely one that's easy to celebrate. Search for more lesser known holidays and surprise your partner with a cute date to celebrate.
17. Go on a staycation. You don't need to go anywhere new to kick up the spontaneity in your relationship — you can do it right in your own home. Take off work, don't make any plans and then get creative together for your week of relaxation.
18. Trade roles in the kitchen. Does he usually cook? Switch things up by playing chef for the night.
19. Break out the blindfold for dinner. And go on a blind date ... with each other. Make him a meal (or vice versa) that they can't see as they eat.
20. Cook something you've never made before. Put on your chefs' hats and prepare something you've never cooked, whether it's a grain, like freekah or farro, or homemade pizza.
21. Take the steamiest shower you've ever had. Need tips for a no-slipping, sexy experience. Here are 12.
22. Perform a striptease. Slip into your sexiest lingerie and give him the show he's been dreaming of.
23. Blindfold him in the bedroom. Turn him on by teasing him while he can't see you.
24. Surprise your partner with breakfast in bed. There's no better way to start the day.
25. Explore your fantasies. It's easy to get stuck in the same routine in bed. And, even if you love that routine, there's no harm in changing it up. Talk to your partner about your desires and make them happen. Need inspiration? Here are 30 guaranteed to heat things up.
26. Leave a love note in the fridge. Even when it's not Valentine's Day. A little surprise and appreciation go a long way.
27. Send your partner a surprise at work. Flowers, cupcakes, lunch — anything you'll know they'll love.
28. Sign up for a race. Even if you're not runners, choose a 5 or 10K that supports a cause you believe in. It'll be a goal you both can work toward.
29. Take a lesson for something you've always wanted to try. DJ classes, horseback riding, rockclimbing, skiing — the possibilities are endless. Check out flash sale sites for discounts.
30. Leave him a sexy note. Slip it into the fridge, his briefcase or anywhere he won't suspect. It'll be a huge turn-on when he least expects it.
More juicy stories from YourTango: