Today was a huge day for marriage equality.
The U.S. Supreme Court made two landmark decisions, bringing the country closer to full equality. They struck down both the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), the law that prevented legally married gay and lesbian couples from receiving the same federal benefits as straight couples, as well as Prop 8, which banned same-sex marriage in California.
Needless to say, the day was filled with love and celebration.
And what says all love is equal better than a photo? Below, we share some of the powerful images from today's victories in love.
1. Pride flags were held high as gay marriage supporters waited outside the US Supreme Court building in anticipation of the DOMA and Prop 8 rulings.
2. Hugs for all: City of West Hollywood mayor John D'Amico hugged Heidi Shink of the Stonewall Democratic Club as John O'Connor of Equality California embraced West Hollywood council member John Duran after the court's decision.
3. Actress Megan Cavanagh and her wife, filmaker Anne Chamberlain kissed at the Abbey bar in West Hollywood California today in celebration of the Supreme Court's decisions. The couple was married in 2008.
4. Same-sex couple Sue Rochman and Robin Romdalvik celebrated the same-sex marriage rulings with their son Maddox Rochman-Romdalvik cat City Hall in San Francisco.
5. Spirits were high among members of Equality California, a non-profit civil rights organization that advocates for the rights of the LGBT community, during today's watch party during the court's announcement.
6. Same-sex marriage supporters in San Francisco cheered when the Supreme Court ruled on DOMA and Prop 8.
7. Lots of pride: A same-sex marriage supporter ran from the Supreme Court waving an American flag after the court struck down DOMA.
8. Justice for all: A happy couple in celebrates today's twin victories in San Francisco.
More juicy stories from YourTango