Attempting to keep it private, Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake tied the knot last week. Now, she's made it perfectly clear she's changing her last name to match his. So, what other celebs have taken their new partner's name? Most already-established celebrities don't change their names upon marrying. However, there have been a few others to do what Jessica has done: legally change their surnames while keeping their original professional names.
"Yes, I'm changing my name," Biel told People about her transition from Biel to Timberlake. "My professional name will still be the same, but for life, yes, I think it sounds great. I think I really won the jackpot of names." We agree!
1. Portia de Rossi legally changed her name to Portia DeGeneres two years after she wed Ellen DeGeneres (who, fun fact, just won the Mark Twain Prize for American Humor). Portia still uses de Rossi professionally. Her given birth name, however, is Amanda Lee Rogers. Portia changed her full name when she was fifteen to "reinvent" herself. The name Portia comes from Shakespeare’s The Merchant of Venice, and she then added an Italian last name to match.
2. Jennifer Garner is legally Jennifer Affleck. Did you know that? The Valentine's Day star is still known professionally as Jennifer Garner, although we kind of like the sound of Affleck for her!
3. Victoria Beckham, however, completely shed her given surname when she married her hunky soccer-playing husband David. Although, she probably didn't mind changing her original last name since everyone knew her as Posh Spice. Can anyone even remember Victoria's maiden name? (We had to look it up! It's Adams.)
Out of these four, we think Jessica and Victoria got the best new surnames.
Who do you think got the best new last name upon marriage?
More juicy content from YourTango:
- 4 Skills You Need Before Getting Married
- Why Do Men Get Married? [VIDEO]
- Am I Wrong To Like Sex With Married Men?
Photo Credit: Getty Images