We're singing the praises of American Idol's 5 Hottest Girls and 5 Hottest Guys.
As this season of American Idol nears its end, we've decided to offer up our picks for the 10 hottest Idols of all time—the top five girls and top five guys. We've decided to only pick from each season's Top 12, so that means that, unfortunately, Casey Carlson and Alex (not Adam) Lambert didn't make the cut!
Remember, Idol fans, hotness is in the eye of the beholder. So don't get mad if we left off your favorite!
Five Hottest Girls
1. Katharine McPhee - Even though Taylor Hicks won Season 5, there was no denying that plenty of American Idol voters had the "McPheever." Kat's hyperactivity was sometimes pretty obnoxious, but her smooth voice, gorgeous flowing locks and flawless face made it impossible for viewers to change the channel. Not surprisingly, that face has also led Kat to a movie career.
2. Haley Scarnato - Every season has that one contestant who overstays their welcome. Season 6 had two—Sanjaya and Haley—but at least Sanjaya was fun to watch. Haley didn't have much going on in the vocal or stage presence department, but there was no denying that she was a beautiful girl with legs that went on for days.
3. Kimberly Caldwell - With her big, raspy voice, Kim began Season 2 as a possible front-runner, but she (along with everyone else) was soon overshadowed by the Ruben Studdard/Clay Aiken showdown. After her elimination, Kim appeared in Maxim (and why not?) and became co-host of the TV Guide Channel's Idol Tonight, where she met former boyfriend/Idol winner David Cook. Idol Winner David Cook Dates Old Idol
4. Jennifer Hudson - Simon Cowell may have thought that this Season 3 powerhouse needed to lose a few pounds, but J-Hud embraced her curves and won over legions of fans with her spunky attitude. (She did recently slim down as the Weight Watchers spokeswoman and looks even more fab-u-lous.) Simon also didn't think Jen was an "American Idol," and he turned out to be right about that. "Oscar winner" is so much better!
5. Megan Joy - Probably one of the quirkiest contestants in recent memory, Megan was also one of the most gorgeous. Her "who cares" attitude made her a polarizing figure during Season 8, but most would agree that she was at least always interesting. And it didn't hurt that she was like a hotter, taller version of Reese Witherspoon.
Honorable mentions: Ryan Starr, Christina Christian, Carrie Underwood, Gina Glocksen and Katelyn Epperly.
Photos via Axelle/Bauer-Griffin.