Don't stress over your single status this season. Instead, embrace your freedom with these 9 tips.
The holidays seem to amplify the cons of single life. If you were feeling empowered and independent before the holiday season rolled in, a few too many smiling pairs might be causing your exterior to crack a bit. Well, don't worry, you're not alone. According to the New York Post, a study by Match.com showed that the biggest worry among singles was not having a partner for the holiday season. A whopping 48-percent of those surveyed proclaimed their worst fear was that they would be without a significant other to share in the festivities. It's amazing to have someone, but if you don't, we're also advocating that you embrace your single status this holiday season. It's time to focus on other aspects of your life and stop stressing over when you'll find that perfect person. Here's how.
1. Plan thoughtful gifts. This year, put your intelligence to good use and wow the people in your life with meaningful gifts. Make your best friend a CD of all the ridiculous songs you two have belted out on karaoke night, or get your writing-obsessed niece a journal that you personalized yourself. Give gifts with depth. The people closest to you will be so thankful, and you'll be more fulfilled.
2. Focus on your family. When's the last time you called your Texas-dwelling little sister or your aunt who lives in Canada? Now would be the perfect time to catch up. They'll be ecstatic to hear from you, and you'll be surprised by how much you've missed.
3. Mingle with other singles. Just because you're technically solo, doesn't mean you can't have tons of fun this season. Hit some holiday parties. Trust us, there will be plenty of people just like you. When you spot that hottie by the punch bowl, you'll be glad you can shoot him a come-hither smile. Single? That just means you have options. Why It's Better To Be Single During The Holidays
4. Meet your friends for coffee (and don't talk about relationships!). Make weekly trips to your local coffee shop with your closest friends. Gab about everything from your crazy co-workers to that sexy guy you've been eyeing at the gym. Relationship talk is off-limits. Try it—it's completely freeing.
Next: Five more ways to get festive...
More Juicy Content From YourTango:
- 8 Rules of Modern Dating Every Single Should Know
- 5 Things Single Women Never Want To Hear
- 12 Surprising New Facts About Today's Singles In America