8 date ideas, 3 months. Grab your calendar!
Summertime, and as Ella would say, the rhythm is easy. So keep an eye out and find yourself a fun companion to go and do with these three months. Here are eight date ideas to add to your summer fling checklist. Remember, summer flings are fleeting and you won't have an endless amount of time together. Do grab your calendar and start jotting down some plans.
1. Check out a museum together. Tons of museums, from art to history, offer special summer hours and deals. It's a good way to not only get cultured but to find out more about your summer fling's taste in art, which may in turn tell you more about his personal style and preferences: contemporary or classic?
2. Cuddle up in front of an outdoor flick. Check your local newspaper or magazine listings for summer-inspired outdoor viewings of classic movies (if it's a romance flick in black-and-white, think Casablanca, bonus points for added effect). Don't forget the popcorn, blanket and wine!
3. Find some dock, any dock, sit there together and dangle your feet from it. If you can time it right, for added dramatic effect, try to be there just as the sun is setting or rising. Then give your summer fling a big hug, Harold and Maude style. No better prompter for old-fashioned get-to-know conversation than sitting on a lazy dock, leisurely passing the time (without thinking about the next place to which you have to rush off).
4. Dance slowly, under the stars, in bare feet. No music? That's okay, hum a tune or just pretend. Music's not the focal point here. Getting a little closer to your mysterious and attractive summer fling is.
5. Pick fresh berries at a local farm. If you live far away from all things rural, pack up the car and make a day of it. 4 First-Date Turn Offs
6. Eat ice cream cones stacked high. Walk around together, holding hands, with your melting ice cream cones. Nothing fancy or pricey here. Just a stroll around the neighborhood, along the boardwalk or around the park. Really want to ham it up? Be sure to each get a unique flavor, so you can find a park bench, intertwine arms and sample each other's cones. If nothing else, you'll at least get a good belly laugh from this taste-test-with-eye-contact move.
7. Fill up your picnic basket and grab a blanket. If you don't have one, borrow a friend's or improvise and use an old backpack. Head to a nice patch of grass. Bring a classic summer read with you and take turns reading romantic passages. Yes, we fully admit we're bordering on corny here. But who cares? This is your summer fling we're talking about here, and you've got to make some lasting, steamy memories. Indeed, we've done the work for you and compiled this shortlist of classic, romantic summer reads. All you have to do is head to your local library and stock up.
8. Get stuck in the rain, on purpose, without an umbrella or any other waterproof gear. Eighty percent chance of rain? No need to cancel your plans. Go anyaway. In fact, cross your fingers and hope that you get caught in the rain, with your brawny summer fling. Many a romantic love scene has taken place amid torrents of heavy, unexpected rain.
Readers, we just know we're missing some here! What are your summer-date favorites?