... featuring YourTango Experts' best-kept secrets about online dating!
14. Remember, it's a numbers game. You'll need to meet a lot of people to find theright one. If you were searching for a pearl in a barrel of oysters, wouldn't it be worth the search to find that one little gem? That's exactly what you're doing! With ten gazillion people in the world, you are in search of the the one who is also looking for you. —Bari Lyman
15. Don't judge a book by its taste in music. Does it really matter if you are interested in golf and he/she is interested in sailing? Find someone with a kind, sincere heart who inspires you and shares your vision, values and goals and get to know them by having meaningful conversations. You can always teach someone how to play tennis or sail, but you can’t change someone’s essence. —Bari Lyman
16. Copy + paste = delete. When you're initiating contact with someone you've viewed online, remember to be original and personalize your email. Those who copy and paste the same introduction email to multiple people will be viewed as spammers. Remember, it isn't all about you. —Julie Spira
17. Go mobile. Mobile dating is the hottest trend for singles looking for love online. Mobile daters are more engaged and log on more frequently. Let your SmartPhone be your best digital friend and download a few mobile dating apps so you can start dating and flirting in-real-time. —Julie Spira
18. Cast a wide net. Online dating has truly become a social dating experience. Don’t discard your date if there’s no instant chemistry. He or she may introduce you to a new friend or a business associate. You'll be widening your social circle while looking for "the one." At the end of the digital day, be kind to those you meet online. —Julie Spira
Wanna review what you learned in Online Dating Bootcamp? Go here.