Don't take flirting too far!
Many of my dating coaching clients complain about men who flirt with them but don't ask them out. This goes back to my point that flirting is often fun, but meaningless. When a man does this, he enjoys flirting with you, but doesn't intend to take things further. If this happens to you, stop expecting his flirtations to become more serious and move on to meet new men who will ask you out.
While the WSJ article looked at many aspects of flirting, it failed to point out how to avoid getting into hot water. You need to be smart about your flirting regarding where you are, with whom you flirt and the choice of words. This is common sense isn't it?
Several examples were cited of women who got chastised and lost business clients due to their flirting exploits. Reading about what they did, honestly you wouldn't be surprised they got into trouble.
One woman found herself out of a standing invitation to an annual holiday party for lewd remarks exchanged with a married man. She also lost clients because of her inappropriate comments. She crossed a social mores line in these situations and felt the backlash.
4. Don't flirt with men using sexual innuendos. You don't want to give them the wrong impression.
5. Don't use bawdy language at professional events. This is just bad taste.
5. Don't boldly flirt with married men at work functions ... especially when wives are in attendance.
6. Don't dog a man with your flirtatious advances. Let him show interest before you push on.
7. Don't touch a man repeatedly while flirting ... unless you want to be considered a tease.
8. Don't let flirting get too intense or sexual. Keep it light-hearted and fun.
9. Don't say or do anything you'll regret. Or anything you'd feel embarrassed about later or wish no one knew about.
If you follow these nine, simple guidelines and use your common sense, flirting is a totally appropriate and safe way for single women to engage men and create playful interactions making any event more fun. And flirting is a great way to get more dates and potentially find love.
To get more of Dating Coach Ronnie's proven dating tips, click the link to get her Free ebook 5 Big Turnoffs That Drive Men Away.