'Tis the season to fall head over heels.
The joy of the holiday season sets the stage for one of the most romantic times of the year. But no worries, single gals and guys: there's more than enough love to go around. Even in the midst of the frantic, last-minute gift shopping and preparations for throwing an unforgettable party to kick off the New Year, love is in the air — and not just for the ones who are already taken. The holiday season provides plenty of opportunities to meet your new sweetie just in time to snag a kiss under the mistletoe. Anything can happen during the holidays, so keep your eyes and options open for potential love in these places:
1. Christmas party: Holiday parties are an absolute must during Christmas time. Take complete advantage of the endless party invites this year. Throw on a fancy, red dress or suit and go to a Christmas party or two. Make the extra effort to introduce yourself to the attendees. Sip on eggnog and embrace the holiday spirit with new friends… and maybe even a future date!
2. Speed dating: Speed dating may be year-round, but the holiday season makes the experience extra special and will bring out twice as many people. Take a chance and explore a new way of meeting potential love interests. You never know who you might meet as you shuffle from table to table, enjoying the company of other singles. If you're worried about going alone, bring some adventurous friends along for the ride.
3. The mall: There is no place that is packed with tons of people during the holidays quite like the mall. Slow down your hectic Christmas shopping and truly enjoy others around you as they collect items to mark off their own list. Chat with the tall, handsome guy shopping for a Marc Jacobs watch or the sweet brunette bagging your tennis shoes. Love can find you anywhere- even in the mall.
4. Singles night: Although you may feel like you’re the only one flying solo during the holidays, you’re most definitely not. Classy clubs, snazzy lounges, and even church groups often have specific nights dedicated to those who are single and ready to mingle. Grab a few of your girlfriends or best guy friends and have a fun night out with singles just like you.
More on CupidsPulse:
- Date Idea: Volunteer At A Homeless Shelter Together
- 10 Holiday Gift Ideas for Someone Special
- Things Never To Say On A First Date