It's Valentine's Day—the ultimate date night! Don't be caught plain-handed.
More from YourTango: Let's Watch Some Strangers Kiss For The First Time!
Here's a roundup of our favorite Valentines nail designs. Yes, even you can pull off these tips. Consider it a gift to yourself.
Valentine's Day Nail Art:
Tutorial by Julie Ann of Julie Ann Art
- Just paint your nails the color of your choice and let dry.
- Then, using a nail pen, decorate each nail with a little heart.
- Be sure to follow up with a top coat to seal the design nicely.
Add a little more edge to your look by rocking ultra trendy dark nail polish. The best part about this blue hue is that you'll stand out from the crowd without the colors being too overwhelming. That factor, alone, is worth celebrating!
Bold Nail Art:
Tutorial by Beautiful Shoes
- Simply add your base coat as normal and use a dark blue nail polish to cover all the nails.
- Once completely dry, start doodling your white hearts (to make the look a bit more interesting – [Beautiful shoes] doubled over the lines on the hearts to make a little 3D effect!)
If you're not sold on these cute patterns, why not combine three stylish colors for one fabulous look? When in doubt, you can never go wrong with colorblocking your nails.
Pretty in Red and Pink Nail Design:
Tutorial by Kara Endres of She Knows
- OPI Color So Hot It Berns
- OPI Black Onyx
- Essie Knockout Pout
- Scotch tape
More from YourTango: Three's A Crowd: 8 Valuable Lessons From Having A Threesome
- Start with a base coat.
- Place a piece of tape diagonally across each nail, making sure to press down firmly.
- Paint a coat of red over the area not taped off and let dry.
- Gently peel off tape. Paint a line of black on the tips. You can do this by hand or tape it off. Follow with a top coat.
More juicy content from YourTango: