Focus on your positive qualities Instead of focusing on all the negatives about your body, focus on appreciating the positives. No need to worry about fitting into that dress or those tight fitting jeans. Keep things in perspective, you may be temporarily over weight now, but you may have beautiful skin and hair that are attractive and who knows- may even the envy of other women. When you focus on your positives, it's another step forward in creating healthy self-esteem. Follow in the footsteps of Oprah Winfrey Once she realized she wasn't her body, she freed herself from the battle within herself. Despite her plush size, she is still loved and revered by the masses. So next time you look in the mirror, say to yourself, "I'm beautiful just as I am." And whenever you start feeling insecure, just remember- you're not your body.
Ask The Experts
Have a dating or relationship question?
Visit Ask YourTango and let our experts and community answer.
How to find the right pro for you
- 10 Reasons Mental Health Pros Should Join YourTango Experts
- 10 Steps To Improve Your Coaching Business
- Frequently Asked Questions About YourTango Experts
- Getting Your Guy To Join You In A Therapy Or Coaching Session
- Therapist/Counselors: Who We Are & What We Do
FROM AROUND THE WEB